CARE USA , Washington, United States
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
The Proposal Recruiter (Recruitment and Proposal Specialist) is an integral member of the Institutional Funding and Strategy (IFS) department and its Talent Acquisition function. IFS leads CARE’s pursuit and acquisition of funds from the United States Government (USG) and other institutional funders. IFS’s main function is to support CARE Country Offices and HQ technical units to secure USG resources to achieve strategic and lasting impact.
In addition to contributing to a seamless recruitment and proposal management function, the Proposal Recruiter advises, coordinates, and/or leads the staffing component for assigned bids. They analyze the solicitation and determine the staffing strategy; they will also give input into the proposal’s management and organizational structure. Additionally, the Proposal Recruiter will collaborate with Country Offices on recruiting locally-sourced Key and other senior-level personnel. This includes reviewing candidate shortlists, advising on best practices in business developing recruitment, ensuring compliance with bid requirements, advising and planning on start-up activities, and travelling internationally when/if necess The Proposal Recruiter also contributes to process and systems improvements in IFS’ Talent Acquisition function.
The Proposal Recruiter we are seeking will have demonstrated success in securing internationally hired Key and non-Key personnel on $10 million USD + bids. They will be passionate about building cross-cultural relationships and thrive within an environment of ambiguity with the ability to inspire excellence.
- Lead and/or contribute to recruitment and staffing components for competitive USG-funded proposals
- Manage and be accountable for the entire recruitment process for assigned bids, both in capture and live bid phases
- Process and System Improvement: Contribute to IFS’ Talent Acquisition overall strategy and initiative for building pipeline and securing top talent
- Networking and Outreach: Ensure representation and networking with all key external actors regarding new business development recruitment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, with an emphasis in Human Resources or Social Sciences, Development or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of recruitment experience; experience with USG-funded (preferably USAID) competitive bidding/proposal recruitment process is required
- Broad knowledge of employee relations, compensation & benefits, staffing, training and development, and basic US labor laws
- Experience in customer service-oriented positions
- Demonstrated expertise in USAID rules and regulations regarding recruitment and personnel processes
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (Taleo preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to work in a fast -paced and extremely time-sensitive environment (handle pressure)
- Strong oral & written skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft)
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability and desire to network, both within and outside of CARE
- Skills using social media
- Negotiation skills