Protection & Inclusion Advisor
Islamic Relief, United Arab Emirates
Islamic Relief Worldwide are currently recruiting for the position of a Protection & Inclusion Advisor (Age & Disability). The advisor will work within a team with other Protection and Inclusion Advisors and will provide a focus on age and disability. The role will lead on ensuring IRWs program design and implementation is sensitive to issues around protection and inclusion (with a focus on age and disability). The individual will influence & develop internal quality standards and guidelines that mainstream protection & inclusion in a sustainable manner. The role will ensure support to Country Offices through training, developing IR wide communities of practise and more direct bid and implementation support. The role will generate learning internally, engage with external stakeholders, and externally published best practise. The role will ensure that IRW further develops its faith approaches and shares such learning within the sector.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Experience and working knowledge of protection and inclusion (age, gender & disability) issues in international development
- Experience in developing and delivering effective capability training, be it technology based or face to face.
- Experience of engaging, influencing and sharing best practise with external agencies and internal stakeholders in relation to protection and inclusion (age & disability)
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English
Interviews will be held on 8th May 2019
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references