GOAL, Sanliurfa, Turkey
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
The position will be based in Şanlıurfa. Under the supervision of the Protection and Inclusion Coordinator the Protection Manager will be responsible ensure quality implementation of protection activities in Şanlıurfa as per Protection Best Practices and Guidance document developed by GOAL.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Supervise assigned team members and manage their performance: IPA Officer, CBP Officer.
- Oversee the development, management and implementation of all Information Hub activities, including relevant work plans, coordination and relationships with service providers, ensuring adherence with GOAL protection policies and procedures;
- Ensure the database on time and with quality, update the information as necessary and ensure that progress is updated in the database.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships and communication lines with relevant government offices and representatives, non-government organizations liaising closely with project/s relevant stakeholders, managing communications and organizing and facilitating meetings as needed;
- Liaise and coordinate as project/s focal point with relevant counterparts to ensure the timely planning and implementation of project/s activities, including (but not limited to) IPA, Community Based Protection, Legal Counselling.
- Work closely with relevant team members (MEAL, Finance and other specialists) to ensure the timely monitoring and reporting of project/s activities in the field;
- Liaise as needed with specific local government institutions overseeing implementation of relevant regulations pertaining to Syrian refugees (eg the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Services (MoFLSS), DGMM and others);
- Prepare and submit regular progress reports to the Protection and Inclusion Coordinator based on agreed reporting schedule/s, guiding and quality assuring inputs from other team members and obtaining relevant clearances as required;
- Support the dissemination of GOALs work, protection guidelines and good practices both internally and amongst key stakeholders and the beneficiaries;
- Coordinate and support visits of representatives from government, donors, GOAL and another NGOs.
- Undertake regular duty travel as needed and perform other related duties as required.
- Participate in developing GOAL Turkey Protection Strategy by feeding in input from field.
- Represent, and where necessary advocate on behalf of, GOAL with working groups, local authorities and donors.
- Ensure impartiality, and confidentiality of beneficiaries, at all times,
- Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
- Turkish Citizenship
- University degree in related field (e.g. business administration, social work, social sciences, public administration).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and Arabic or Turkish.
- At least 4 years’ work experience (in paid or voluntary capacity) in NGO or voluntary sector preferably experience managing programs or centers for refugee populations.
- Experience in Southeast Turkey and/or with semi-nomadic groups is an asset.
- Experience supervising a team is a must.
- Strong organizational skills. Demonstrated experience organizing community events and services across a range of technical sectors.
- Understands rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women – experience working with Syrian refugees is an advantage;
- Proven communication, interpersonal, representation, negotiation, promotion and diplomacy skills.
- Level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 23 April 2019.