International Rescue Committee, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
The Recruitment Manager is responsible for identifying the best candidates who believe in IRC’s mission. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans in collaboration of other HR/Admin team, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. The position holder is expected to play a critical role in ensuring the organization is hiring the best possible talent at the right time and ensuring quality of hires.
Position holder will guide candidates through our hiring process and connect them to opportunities to work at IRC. The position holder should be creative and driven, with an interpersonal savvy that allows positive relationships with both candidates and IRC colleagues.
Detailed Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develop and execute monthly recruitment plans in collaboration with HR/Admin teams to the expected standard and oversee other recruiters also do the same.
- Responsible for compiling and organizing the organization’s Annual recruitment plan
- Responsible for full life cycle recruiting in line with IRC policies for all positions within IRC Ethiopia
- Collaborating with the recruitment team, and all staff, to promote a culture of innovation and excellence in recruiting
- Assisting with the administration of the IRC applicant tracking system (Cornerstone)
- Assisting in process improvements including recruitment tools, templates, candidate sourcing methods
- Tackling recruiting initiatives in partnership with the broader the human resources strategy while supporting compliance to local labor regulations and donor requirements
- Providing efficient and high-quality experiences for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skills level, driving the interview and offer process, including robust reference checks, salary recommendations and closing of candidates
- Creating and maintaining talent pools and pipelines using IRC's applicant tracking system (Cornerstone)
- Ensuring new hires have an effective on-boarding process with all IRC Ethiopia requirements
- Carrying out any other duties as designated by supervisor
- University Degree/Masters in Management, Business Administration, Humana Resource or related
- 6 years relevant experience for degree holders and 3 years of experience for MA in Management, Business Administration, and Humana Resource or related
- Minimum 2 years direct recruitment experience
- Computer literate especially word, excel and access.
- Excellent in English and Amharic both speaking & writing.
- Ability to work under pressure and willing to frequently travel to different field offices/operational areas.
- Ability to thrive in an ‘emergency’ context – fast paced environment and demanding priorities
- Demonstrated experience and ability to implement and maintain recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume context in multiple locations
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly with diverse teams cultures
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and within tight deadlines.
- Certified Internet Recruiter certification a plus