Regional Communications and Content Specialist
DRC , Tunis, Tunisia
Employment category: NM G1
Reporting to: Regional Head of Programme
Subordinates: Not Applicable
Location: Tunis, Tunisia with Travel to DRC Country Offices in Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Sudan
Authorization Level: Not Applicable
Overall purpose of the role:
The Regional Communications and Content Specialist will support the Regional Director and Regional Head of Program to develop and implement a communications plan and associated outputs that elevate the visibility and profile of DRC’s work across North Africa. The position will be tasked to collaborate with regional and country level teams to identify and produce communications products for both internal and external publications in print and digital mixed media formats. Furthermore, the Specialist will support the Regional Director and Country Directors to develop content to be used for advocacy purposes targeting other NGOs, UN agencies, governments and policymakers. To inform content, the Specialist will be required to develop an in-depth understanding of how DRC works as well as the organization’s operational principles and core sectors of intervention. Furthermore, the Specialist will be tasked to conduct desk research and to interview DRC staff, clients and other stakeholders to develop content for communications pieces.
· Collaborate with DRC North Africa’s regional and country teams to identify priority communication and visibility needs and opportunities, and subseqnelty develop an annual communications strategy and implementaiton plan. The commuications strategy and plan will be designed to elevate the visibility and profile of DRC’s work across North Africa.
· In accordance with regional and country communications plans, develop high-quality, multimedia communications content, ranging from posters, brochures, press releases, feature stories, case studies and multimedia and web content, including photos and video.
· Contribute to authoring non-technical organizational content and designing the layout for internal and external publications, including orgaizational information pertaining to the region, reports and strategy documents.
· In collaboration with DRC’s headquarters-based communications team, ensure media and social media guidelines are complied with and rolled out to the country office level.
· In collaboration with DRC’s headquarters-based communications team and country teams ensure that content for the organiation’s website is regularly updated.
· Support DRC North Africa’s regional and country teams to share communications content with headquarters as requested or relevant.
- Collaborate with DRC North Africa’s regional and country teams to ensure that commuications products are planned for and developed to compliment or contribute to advocacy intiatives. Such products may include one-pagers, press releases, featured stories, case studies and multimedia presentations.
- Support DRC North Africa’s regional and country teams to identify and establish strategic relationships with media outlets as a means to channel key advocacy messages and communication materials.
- Support DRC North Africa’s regional and country teams turn advocacy points into effective commuications materials.
- Stay informed of key issues and events effecting the humanitarian context and DRC’s operations across the North Africa
- When necessary ensure advocacy products are signed-off according to DRC’s international procedures.
· Support DRC North Africa’s regional and country teams to share advocacty content with headquarters and the Brussels and Geneva representation offices as requested or relevant.
· Support the Regional Senior Management Team in documenting minutes of key meetings and events.
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Demonstrated experience producing high-quality multimedia communications content. Experiencing developing content related to humanitarian or development issues is an advantage but not required.
- Demonstrated experience designing content for use in advocacy efforts.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to write and speak proficiently in English, French and Arabic.
- High level analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly and with a wide variety of people.
· Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
· Knowledge of the media configuration and dynamics in North African countries (especially Tunisia, Algeria, Libya and Sudan).
Education: Communications, Design or Social Sciences
Written and verbal proficiency in English, French and Arabic.
Along with the CV, interested applicants will have to submit 3 to 5 samples of previous work which demonstrates the following:
· The ability to write a compelling advocacy statement or human interest piece. Samples provided must be authored exclusively by you and demonstrate the ability to write in French, Arabic and English.
· The ability to design high-quality and compelling visual elements. This can be a one-pager, brochure, poster, presentation, website or video. Please feel free to submit the element in any of the three languages.
Years of experience