Regional Finance Director - MEEE Region
Save the Children, Amman, Jordan
As a key member of the regional management team, you will take shared responsibility for delivering Save the Children's strategy within the region. You will:
- be the trusted partner of the Regional Director and his / her immediate team on all finance related matters
- contribute to the development of annual and multi-year strategic and operational plans, and be accountable for ensuring and monitoring delivery against the financial plans through targeted financial analytical review and best-in-class forecasting
- develop the capacity of Country Office (CO) Finance Directors (FDs) and their teams in order that they meet Save the Children International finance and award management essential standards and comply with Save the Children International standard operating procedures
- ensure that appropriate controls are in place across the region and that financial risk is minimized
- enable appropriate operational and investment decisions to be made on the grounds of sound financial analysis
- Support financial readiness, planning and response to humanitarian situations.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant senior level financial leadership, management and oversight experience in a large and complex international NGO or organization
- Qualified finance professional with financial management experience at a regional level within a complex global organization
- Experience of developing and building capacity in a regional finance function
- Experience of implementing/working within strong control frameworks, where an audit background would be desirable
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Ability to present complex financial information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Experience with or exposure to the not-for-profit sector and/or developing countries
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, the definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Willingness to undertake significant amounts of travel to the country offices for training, support, and capacity building purposes
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic is a plus.
Note: National Candidates and the Middle East and Eastern Europe Region candidates will be prioritized for shortlisting.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
· No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
· All children learn from quality basic education and that,
· Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.