Regional Institutional Fundraising Manager
Save the Children , Dakar, Senegal
Save the Children's work in West and Central Africa is wide ranging both in geographical and programmatic scope. The region is characterised as a fragile context with large scale humanitarian and development needs. Save the Children is prioritising work in response to continuous needs in these countries.
The Regional Institutional Fundraising Manager is a senior position within the Programme Development and Quality team in the WCA Regional Office, working closely with supporting members Save the Children UK and Denmark, and senior staff and new business development functions in country offices in the region. The role will be responsible to identify and track major donor opportunities; develop institutional fundraising relationships capable of delivering significant change for children; deliver funding and investment for high quality programmes; improve effectiveness of senior management in regional/country level engagement with donors/partners; assist country offices in the development of funding strategies; 5, undertake analysis of wins and losses and trends in funding.
The position requires an experienced professional who can build capacity at the national level as well as provide surge support on occasion.
Qualifications and experience
- Development professional with a relevant Masters' Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Extensive experience in a both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, child rights governance, and health and nutrition.
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, and pull together input from a diverse team.
- Excellent writing/editing, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners.
- Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million dollar project budgets.
- Proven representation skills.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Fluency in English and French, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
Contract length: 02 years
National position based in Dakar or can be home based
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.