Educate Girls,Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Job Description – Regional Manager
Designation Regional Manager
Location Regional Office
Employment type Renewable fixed term contract
Report to Head Operations
Functional reportees District Managers, Regional Team
Employment level Senior
Established in 2007, Educate Girls (a project of 'Foundation to Educate Girls Globally') is holistically tackling issues at the root cause of gender inequality in India's education system that has helped to ensure over 90% enrolment and higher attendance as well as improved school infrastructure, quality of education and learning outcomes for all girls. Our comprehensive model helps communities assess their school situation, initiate action plans and empowers them to sustain positive results at the lowest cost. Educate Girls believes that if girls in the most backward gender gap districts are educated now, they will have the potential to enter the formal economy, gain employment and lift their families out of poverty. By leveraging the government's existing investment in schools, Educate Girls delivers measurable results to a large number of beneficiaries and avoids duplication or parallel delivery of services. Because of the sustainability and scalability of the model, Educate Girls has grown from a 500-school pilot project in the Pali district of Rajasthan to now serving thousands of schools, reaching millions of children in some of India's most remote areas. The non-governmental organization has a management and outreach office in Mumbai and operations in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh and is committed to launching interventions in multiple new geographies across India over the coming years. For further details about organisation please visit www.educategirls.ngo
Job Profile Overview of the role:
The Regional Manager will be responsible for overseeing the operations of regions at a comprehensive level. Based in regional office s/he will be the face of Educate Girls for internal as well as external stake holders. S/he will develop, refine and implement Operations strategy including aspects such as developing a comprehensive Log frame/dashboard, actively participating in program strategy, guiding and leading the team towards a strong performance oriented approach. S/he will be responsible for the management of the overall quality and efficiency of operations. S/he will ensure that the organization is always in the right direction in operations towards achieving the vision and mission.
Areas of Responsibility: Task 1:
Strategy and Implementation
• Preparation of a detailed log frame for the operations as a dashboard for the region district wise details on timelines, milestones and indicators.
• Lead the implementation of the plan for all three districts through the district Manager for two districts and one directly.
• Drive the strategy into implementation, translating into action.
Task 2: People Management
• Manage the functional team at the regional office; hold regular team meetings to plan work and discuss progress and address problems with these team members.
• Build and lead an effective and cohesive management team
• Regularly review and assess the performance of all district operations, conduct supervision meetings and manage the periodic performance assessment process.
• Work with HRD to develop a strong performance driven approach at all levels which is outcome / achievement based.
• In consultation with HR implement effective succession planning, people management, development, recruitment, and retention strategies for the division
Task 3: Overall Operations Management
• S/he will lead / guide the functional managers at regional which includes Program, Finance, and communication in addition to operations.
• Keeping the overall Log frame as the basis discuss mutually agree between districts on achievement of targets district wise and block wise.
• Closely follow, guide and review the region / district team for target achievement and quality of achievement.
• Monitor and ensure adherence to organizational policies, procedures and best practices.
• Plan for expansion of new regions and district offices as per the organizational 5 year plan.
• Lead the collation of operational MIS, ensure periodic reports are prepared and shared such as monthly progress report, quarterly progress report.
• Maximize the effectiveness and efficiency operations on an ongoing basis.
• Maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation in its domain and with all staff, end beneficiary, partners and regulatory/official bodies
Task 4: Liaison
• Lead the liaison team which works in relationship building with Government bodies, departments, functions at state, district and block level
• Give them strategic direction, milestones for their achievements.
• Follow up on updates, review the strategy and improve the quality of relationship with external stake holders in an efficient manner.
• Be the face of Educate Girls in represent in various platforms as necessary. (With partners, visiting donors, government etc.)
Task 5: Financial Management
• Work closely with the finance and accounts team in building the district wise budgets and collation of the same as a regional unit
• Seek fund request from each district, collate and request funds appropriately from head office, monitor the usage, approve or seek approval for usage based on financial manual.
• Work in tandem with finance team, senior operations manager for all finance related queries and in line with the financial manual and delegation of powers.
Preferred Education Background:
• Post-Graduation in Sociology, Management, or Social Studies
Preferred Work Experience:
• Minimum 5 years of operational experience, with 2 years of leadership role
Preferred Skill Set:
• Requisite computer skills for presentations, communication and data analysis
• Fluency in Hindi is essential, good in English
COMPENSATION : Up to 11.5 lpa CTC
TO APPLY Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org Please clearly state (1) Job Title, (2) Job Location, (3) Current Salary, (4) Expected Salary in your applicatio "Educate Girls is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position."
Put the reffrance in mail body : GetNngojobs.org