Regional Program Development Coordinator – Asia Region
RI , United Kingdom
Title: Regional Program Development Coordinator – Asia Region
Department: Programme Development
Location: US, UK and any country where RI have country operations, this will be a national contract, so you must have the right to work in the country of operation. Candidate will be required to have their work day in the European or East coast US time zone).
Reporting to: Regional Programme Development Manager
Direct reports: 0
Budget responsibility: Non-Applicable
ABOUT Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
About our Regional Programs.
RI in the Asia has programs in six countries – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Myanmar, Pakistan and the Philippines, with a focus on the four main RI sectors: Health, WASH, Education and Economic Opportunity.
Relief International currently has a range of emergency response and development programs valued at 40 million USD on an annual basis.
Relief International is looking for a Regional Program Development Coordinator to support our varied portfolio of work in Asia. The RPD Coordinator will work closely with the Global PD, Regional, and Country teams to support concept note/proposal development across a broad range of institutional donors.**
Your role will:
- Contribute to program design, for solicited and unsolicited programs, and for pilot and full scale programs;
- Manage/coordinate the preparation of funding proposals, including leading proposal writing and costing efforts across a broad range of donors and award amounts;
- Work with the RD and Asia RPDM to develop work plan for priority proposals;
- Engage in needs assessment for project proposals as necessary;
- Track country and regional proposal efforts and report to RPDM and Regional team on status;
- Act as primary point of contact (POC) for at least two countries within the regional portfolio supporting that country team within all aspects of the PD process.
- In close collaboration with country teams represent RI as appropriate with donors and other events (e.g. INGO Forum meetings, etc.)
- Support effective go/no-go decisions (including the preparation of go/no-go memos for decision-making) and cost share analysis;
- Ensure PD process is followed within submission deadlines.
- Prepare regular activity reports
- Undertake other ad hoc tasks
- Operate within RI policy, setting an example for other staff.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Technical Experience and Skills required for the role
- 3-5 years’ experience in the INGO context, previous experience with USAID, BHA/OFDA, DFID/FCDO and ECHO preferred;
- Humanitarian or development experience required; experience in Asia preferred;
- Degree or equivalent in International Relations, Development or other relevant field preferred
- Proven success in grant writing, net-working and liaising with field and HQ staff when necessary.
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
Equity and Diversity commitment
- Demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of systemic diversity and cultural differences.
- Ensure that gender equity is addressed in our staffing and programming
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Track record of achievement in a previous, similar role.
- Strong organisational analytical and administrative skills, including a strong ability to focus on detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet challenging deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel to field offices (up to 30% of time)
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation