Regional Programme Director
Spark, Adana, Turkey
The Regional Director is the leader of one of Spark’s regional hubs and is accountable for all Programmes and staff in the region. The incumbent directly manages one or two programmes, and guides the work of other programme managers and support staff in the region.
The Regional Director implements Spark strategy in the region, is accountable for meeting the financial goals, initiates and supports acquisition and holds responsibility for the performance and well-being of our staff in the region. The Regional Director is an entrepreneur with vision on Spark’s activities, is analytical and decisive and knows how to lead and engage staff.
The Regional Director is direct people manager to the 5 Country Managers as well as to some of the supporting staff in the Gaziantep Hub. He/she reports to the Director of Programmes and is an active member of SPARK’s Core Team dealing with organisation and programme related strategic planning.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all programmes in the region are implemented according to plan and within budget as per agreement with donors and partner organisations.
- Coordinate with donors, UN agencies, relevant NGOs and other stakeholders at country and regional level in close coordination with the Country Managers and the Board of Directors. This entails establishing new relationships as well as managing the existing ones.
- Ensure harmonization and learning at programme and projects level between SPARK’s programmes and local partners on a regional level. Promote on the job learning.
- Represent SPARK and its programmes when needed and advocate in different country and regionally for more access to higher education and economic opportunities for youth.
- Pro-active acquisition and follow up on new programme ideas with the Acquisition Team and in close coordination with the country managers and the General Director.
- Executes Spark’s People Strategy across the region, focused on engaging and retaining our talented staff and attracting the right people for the job. Promote SPARK values.
Requirements and Skills
- Academic degree in relevant discipline for example international development or business administration.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in international development combined with experience in entrepreneurship/SME development.
- At least 3 years of experience in leading a multi-country, multi-culture team.
- Experience working in the Middle East and preferably some years working in fragile and conflict affected states.
- Full professional proficiency in English. One or more of the languages spoken in the region is strong advantageous, especially Arabic and/or Turkish.
- Leadership style which is focusing on capacitating people but not afraid of being on the fore-front when required.
- Proven track-record in acquisition
- Excellent analytical stills and the capacity to remain oversight and keep focus in a fast-paced organization.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment with currently
- A monthly salary between 4.000 EUR to 5.500 EUR gross based on a fulltime appointment and on relevant experience for this position
- If needed, SPARK will support in obtaining a work permit.
- Passionate team to work with.