Regional Supply Chain Advisor | West African Region | 2021
Chemonics , Cambodia
Chemonics seeks a regional supply chain advisor for the ongoing USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Technical Assistance (GHSC-TA) Francophone Task Order in the West African Region. The project aims to serves the technical assistance needs of USAID, other USG agencies, partner country governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and other entities to strengthen the management of commodities across all health elements (e.g. malaria, family planning, HIV/AIDS, TB, maternal and child health, etc.). GHSC-TA Francophone TO is a mechanism through which USAID offers regional health commodity-related technical assistance. The regional supply chain advisor will work to improve commodity security through collaboration with regional organizations. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Work closely with WAHO experts to effectively secure the availability of essential health products
- Develop, support and monitor appropriate technical assistance for selected countries in supply chain design, quantification-forecast- supply planning exercises, routine reporting mechanisms (eg PPMR/GFPVAN), warehousing and capacity building to ensure effective management of health products
- Support the GHSC-TA Francophone TO project GFPVAN team with the onboarding of Francophone countries to the platform
- Improve the use of available data from Logistics Management Information Systems (LMIS) for decision-making
- Attend regional and international conference/meetings as required
- Work in close collaboration with the GHSC-TA Francophone TO project staff to develop reports, share best practices, develop success stories, and document progress
- Assisting the Francophone PMU with close-out activities
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Minimum seven years of experience in public health program management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, and/or supply chain management systems in low resource settings
- Experience working in the Francophone West Africa Region required.
- Advanced degree in health or supply chain management-related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, be self-managing, and identify need for/provide technical assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs
- Ability to travel within the West Africa Region