Request for Proposal For Life skills curriculum Consultant
DRC , Beirut, Lebanon
DRC is seeking to appoint a Life skills curriculum Consultant (Company or individual) for the following deliverables:
The Life Skills Curriculum consultant will be responsible to develop, with a Livelihoods, Protection and Social Stability lens, a life skills curriculum, including guidance for the staff, materials and tools that will be used by the LINKED consortium. The life skills training should last about three to four hours for the group sessions.
A full curriculum will have to be developed for the group sessions while a few advices/talking points about life skills should be developed to serve the career counsellors during the career counselling sessions.
The Consultant will also be responsible for conducting a short training for the staff based on the newly developed curriculum in order for the LINKED staff to implement the activity with quality. The life skills activity is important for the most vulnerable individuals in order to improve social and interpersonal skills required for sustainable employment. It will be required that part of the life skills sessions are interactive and include role-plays for easier learning purpose.
The sessions that should be developed as part of the curriculum are mentioned below, however other sessions could be suggested by the consultant to the LINKED Technical Working Group and be developed pending approval of the LINKED members.
● Communication skills linked to livelihoods: Communication skills are critical at the workplace as well as to be able to enter in a job at the first place. The communication skills should be related to employment.
● Conflict management education and negotiation skills: In response to the current context of increasing social tensions, awareness sessions covering key social stability topics will offer a holistic approach to social cohesion through sessions based on an existing DRC Conflict Management Education (CME) curriculum, which will be tailored to the identified target groups. Negotiation skills will however focus more on the workplace.
● Diversity and gender equality: This session should focus on both at the community level and at the workplace, raising awareness about diversity and gender equality.
● Women economic empowerment: providing basic information about economy and women’s role in economy and society, breaking gender stereotypes, “thinking out of the box”
● Self-confidence: This session should also have a link to employment and self-confidence at the workplace, taking into consideration psychological distress some participants might have and taking a protection angle to it.
● COVID19 (health and hygiene): This session will focus specifically on the measures to be taken by participants during the activities with the LINKED project, within their communities, households and employment.
Tender (RFP) Issuing date: 23rd of October 2020
Tender (RFP) Closure Date: 9th of November 2020 Time: 14:00 pm
Submission of proposals:
Address: Paragon Bldg., 3rd floor, Sassine Square, Ashrafieh, Beirut
Phone number: 01339052
Or via Email: LBN-Procurement-RFP@drc.ngo**