Response Innovation Lab Coordinator
Save the Children , Uganda
The RIL Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the design of programs and the smooth operations for the Response Innovation Lab in Uganda, with a focus on stakeholder engagement and management, event coordination, reporting and logistics. The incumbent will provide support in building the country wide humanitarian innovation ecosystem as well as with all operational and administrative tasks necessary to support the development of the Lab.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
The Response Innovation Lab (RIL), is a global collaboration that serves as a support centre for stakeholders to learn and adapt global and local solutions, innovations, best practices to more effectively meet the needs of the populations affected by crises, including refugees and host communities. In Uganda, it is hosted by one of its founding members, Save the Children International. More information on:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A Bachelor's degree in International development, business administration, communications or related studies
- 3-5 years' experience in an incubator, a start-up advisory, social enterprise, innovation space, project management, I/NGO or entrepreneurial experience
- A team player and self-starter with good networking skills and project management skills
- Eagerness to build partnerships and projects outside of traditional humanitarian field
- Experience working with and managing Innovation projects -
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capable of working independently and with demonstrated experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent commination skill and able to synthetize information from various sources
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good oral/written and interpersonal skills
- Confident communication and documentation skills; ability to represent the lab to a variety of stakeholders in a range of forums
- Able to work on a cross-cultural environment with multi-national staff.
- A commitment to humanitarian and Response Innovation Lab principles and values
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, word, etc.)
- Basic understanding of digital innovations and new technology
- Good understanding of innovation and the issues and challenges around it
- Experience working in the private sector and with start-ups
- Familiar with new technology-based innovation and innovative approaches/methodologies, and entrepreneurship skills
Able to produce high quality reports/papers.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at /careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 12th October 2020 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply