Senior Accounting Manager
Population Services International, Washington, United States
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 40 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
The Finance department supports the global operations of PSI, and we are looking for an experienced senior manager to join our Finance team to lead our statutory and compliance reporting as well as the audit management. The PSI Washington Finance team is responsible for managing the consolidated, Uniform Guidance and multiple donor audits, such as Global Fund and DFID, which requires coordination across PSI’s headquarters and country office teams.
With multiple audit underway during our peak audit season, we are looking for someone with great project management skills, quality communication skills and a solution orientated approach, who is willing to dive into the details when necessary.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Manage the quarterly and annual financial reporting process, including the preparation of financial statements and footnotes for external reporting including Board and Bank reporting;
- Analyze financial statements and associated footnotes and consolidation adjustments, and identify trends and risk areas;
- Oversee consolidated and HQ based funder audits, including coordinating across headquarters staff and country finance team;
- Lead the process to follow up on status of implementation actions to address prior audit findings, identify potential risks for future audits and escalate within Finance team as appropriate;
- Identify process improvement opportunities and efficiencies across the financial reporting and audit management processes;
- Identify, develop and deliver training and capacity training needs for team and the broader organization;
- Manage a team of 3+ staff members;
- Support and participate in special projects as required.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
- CPA or equivalent, Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred;
- At least 8 years of experience in financial reporting, audit management or public accounting required, with at least 3 years of supervisory experience;
- Experience working with USG regulations, including Uniform Guidance
- Knowledge of Global Fund, DFID, Dutch and other European donor regulations beneficial;
- Excellent communicator of financial issues in a clear manner to non-finance teams, both written and oral;
- Ability to develop rapport and working relationships across the organization;
- Knowledge of Infor Lawson or other ERP system, and strong MS Excel skills;
- French or Spanish language skills preferred;
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and willing to be hands on and work independently.
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship and relocation expenses will not be covered for this position.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.