Senior Advisor on Trade & Private Sector Advisor
CTG Global, Beirut, Lebanon
Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- The Senior Adviser Trade & Private sector is a contract based function & the position holder will assist the OPM & the PM in particular on strengthening & leading the govt. trade & private sector vision particularity the export agenda from end to end & by playing a facilitation role across relevant commissions & ministries to ensure an integrated ecosystem of support for enterprises in Somalia.
- S / He will be part of the senior team members supporting the PM which will be fully integrated into the functions of the current govt. program, the position holder is expected to assist the PM deliver on his priorities on 100 days govt. work plan.
The Senior Adviser for Trade & Private Sector will work under the supervision of the Permanent Secretary & at the same time will have direct access to the PM to provide high level advisory support to the PM. Among other things, the Senior Trade & Private Sector Adviser will be tackling 2 main dedicated components for international trade & industrial development (private sector), public private partnership:
- Give assistance on any aspect of the OPM & provide policy advice as a specialist on trade & the private sector.
- Undertake long term policy thinking & contribute to policy planning within the OPM.
- Contribute to writing speeches & undertake related research, including adding business content to materials prepared by the OPM staff.
In working with other staff from the OPM & govt. line ministries, the Trade & Private Sector Advisor will perform the below listed tasks:
- Assist the establishment & operations of market intelligence & analytics team working closely with MOC (Ministry of Commerce).
- Support the development of a market information database / dashboard, on both domestic & international markets.
- Support the development & the implementation of an export promotion guideline.
- Assist on the creation of knowledge management & data respiratory for the OPM & key stakeholders across the export value chain of the private sector.
- Support sector based strategic policy & promotion oriented long & short term studies.
- Support the development of a framework for mapping horizontal & vertical linkage needs.
- Assist the PS & OPM implementation efforts working closely with different ministries & trade institutions other partners.
- Contribute to the ongoing institutional establishment & systemising capacities in the government.
- The Senior Adviser for Trade & Private Sector will work under the supervision of the Permanent Secretary.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 10 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
Required qualifications & skills:
- Minimum of 10 years senior level working experience in govt. or in a multilateral or CSO.
- Strong experience in management role in the private sector.
- Excellent writing & communication skills.
- Excellent diplomatic & negotiation skills.
- Extensive network of partners within the development cooperation communities of practice.
- Knowledgeable in the current political landscape of the country.
- Fluency in Somali & English.
- Ability to speak other languages would be an advantage.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Human Resource, International Economics, Management, Business, Public Administration or relevant fields.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.