Senior advisor PMEL (Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning)
Plan International , Anambra, Nigeria
For the International Programs department, we are looking for a fulltime (35 hours a week) Senior advisor PMEL (Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning). In this role you are responsible for developing, maintaining and monitoring an effective PMEL system for transparent accountability, effective (re)management and optimal learning of the progress and results of the Plan International Netherlands Programs. In addition, you will advise the program staff in increasing the PMEL quality of individual programs and projects. You will also advise the Program Director/Chief Program Officer in the development of policy and strategy for the International Programs. You are accountable and report to the Program Director/ Chief Program Officer.
What are you going to do?
You will be developing, maintaining and monitoring an effective PMEL system that meets the requirements of the organization and its major donors. You will also contribute to increasing the PMEL quality of individual programs and projects by advising colleagues in program development and management. You will advise and support the Chief Programme Officer in the development of policy and strategy for the International Programs Department.
You are responsible for the PMEL policies for the Plan International Netherlands office/programmes:
- The PMEL policies include both the development and humanitarian work and consider the requirements of a variety of donors including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, ECHI, SHO etc. **
- You will coordinate the PMEL tasks with two other PMEL specialists for Plan International Netherlands.
- You will advise and support program staff on programs, thematic policy development, alliances, on result measurement, log frames and Theory of Change development.
- You will need to support program baseline, mid-term and final evaluations, the selection of external consultants for evaluation, the review of evaluation reports and the use of the findings from these evaluations.
- You will also need to facilitate (ensure quality of) the preparation of annual reports for the different donors as well as for general public. Moreover, you will need to monitor the organizations KPIs.
You are responsible for the development of the digital PMEL system of Plan International Netherlands and for stimulating learning processes:
You develop, maintain and monitor the digital PMEL system and the IATI reports. You are also a spider in the web for connecting the PMEL system of Plan Netherlands with the new PMEL system of Plan International.
You advise the managers on internal learning processes and learning agendas and on securing lessons learned in the organization.
You translate outcomes of evaluations into concrete learning and improvement actions for colleagues within the International Programs Department. Subsequently, you will coordinate and facilitate the department's learning process. You also take part in the DRA MEAL task force and contribute to shared learning.
What do you bring?
We are looking for an experienced expert who can oversee and develop Theory of Change and Results Frameworks. A flexible team player who is also a good coach and can communicate tactfully with colleagues from different cultures, both verbally and in writing. Field experience in managing programs is an advantage.
In addition, you meet the following criteria:
- Relevant scientific training at Masters level, e.g. Cultural Anthropology/Social Geography, International Relations/Development.
- Minimum of eight to ten years of work experience of which five years is field experience with PMEL.
- Knowledge of the various methods of PMEL.
- IATI knowledge and experience.
- Good network in the industry and with PMEL experts.
- A good communicator: you need to be able to present and give good briefings to externals.
- Consultancy skills needed to make difficult/complicated subjects understandable to colleagues.
- Perfect command of Dutch and English in speaking and writing,
- Fluency in French is desirable.
- Up-to-date knowledge in the field of international developments.
- The following competencies are essential for this vacancy: Focused on quality, strong analytical skills, good in collaborating/teamwork, networking and gender sensitivity.
- Plan offers
- A position in an international work environment. Plan International offers its employees a solid benefits package, which includes, among other things:
- Gross monthly salary between € 3,222 and € 4,300 for 35 hours per week, depending on your background and experience.
- Full reimbursement of your travel expenses based on second class public transport.
- Ample opportunities for personal growth and education.
- 5 weeks vacation per year.
- Good pension scheme.