Senior Assistant, Accounts Payable
Social Impact, Virginia, United States
SI is seeking a full-time Senior Assistant, Accounts Payable to support the accounts payable cycle to ensure accurate and timely payments. The Senior Assistant, A/P, will work collaboratively other team members to ensure data entered precisely and promptly in the accounting system.
- Create daily PO vouchers in CostPoint (CP) procurement module.
- Review and approve employee advances and expense reports in CP expense module.
- Prepare AP vouchers and ensure proper supporting documentation is attached.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers (ACH/EFT), checks, and international wire payments.
- Update and maintain AP Vendor records.
- Prepare monthly allocation reports.
- Reconcile company credit cards.
- Reconcile employee and consultant advances.
- Assist with month end closing tasks
- Review and respond on a regular basis to emails/inquiries arriving through A/P mailbox.
- File A/P transactions and banking payments.
- Make bank deposits.
- Assist with annual 1099 reporting.
- Assist with other general accounting duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 1 year’s relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience/
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic accounting software/database; Excel and Word skills.
- Knowledge of the use of office machines and equipment.
- Knowledge of operating practices; policies and procedures of an accounting department; ability to understand and interpret pertinent policies and procedures clearly and accurately.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, business professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to project a positive, concerned image to the client (internal and external).
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Detailed oriented.