Senior Associate, Climate, Environment and Natural Resources
Palladium International, Bristol, United Kingdom
We are seeking a Senior Associate within our Climate Environment and Natural Resources (CENR) team. The role will manage business growth and bid activities as well as the design, inception, implementation and reporting of environmental, natural resource management and forestry projects.
As this role is based in Bristol, candidates should be either based or willing to relocate to Bristol.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Associate, CENR (EMEA) are:
* Support project start-up, maintenance, and closeout by administering contracts, training and establishing project teams, processing payments and invoices, maintaining records, and reconciling financial and contractual data.
* Support the development and presentation of internal and external reporting and ensure these outputs are fit for purpose.
* Identify, build and maintain relationships with partners and consultants that can provide technical expertise to Palladium-managed projects.
* Interface with clients and other project stakeholders to plan, implement, review, and report on projects as needed and requested.
* Provide support to project work planning, budgeting, and progress/financial reporting.
* Provide technical support and quality assurance to projects as required.
* Manage partner organizations (such as subcontractors) on the contractually compliant delivery of agreed inputs and achievement of agreed outputs and outcomes.
* Write and contribute to technical proposals in the Climate, Environment and Natural Resources sectors based on best practices and specific country and client contexts.
* Manage the identification, assessment, and pursuit of new business opportunities, contributing to the analysis of our prospects for winning opportunities.
* Identify opportunities, develop marketing strategies and lead business growth with existing and new clients in both established and growing markets.
* Support creation and improvement of business development reporting, management, and tracking systems
* Bachelor's degree, Master's degree in International development or similar – Specialisation in environment-related topics would be an advantage. Commensurate experience can compensate academic qualifications
* Project management qualification would be an advantage
* Relevant work experience in Natural Resource Management / Forestry / Environmental projects and relevant technical knowledge is in the fields of forests and land use, climate change – biodiversity and REDD+ experience would be an advantage.
* Client project management with government clients, and/or business development experience that includes management of one or more projects.
* Relevant work experience in developing countries.
* Preferred: Monitoring, Evaluating, Learning and Communications experience.
* Preferred: Working on Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) projects in the Voluntary Partnership Agreement implementation countries.
* Preferred: Experience with UK Government (DFID, FCO, BEIS, Defra) projects, contracts/subcontracts/grants
* Strong project management and organisational skills.
* Up to date understanding of donor client procurement processes (especially DFID and UK government) and ways of doing business preferred.
* Demonstrated leadership, initiative, flexibility, and work ethic.
* Ability to think strategically, understand the big picture, prioritise well, and work independently.
* Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.Source:adid=RWFtb24uRG95bGUuODE2NDguMzgzMEBwYWxsYWRpdW