Senior Gender Expert – Côte d’Ivoire Improving Land Access for Women Activity
Tetra Tech , Cameroon
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Senior Gender Expert position on a U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Côte d’Ivoire.
Project Summary: The goal of this project is to increase social cohesion, reduce land conflicts and economically empower women to contribute to their communities by strengthening their legal access to land in Northern and Western Côte d'Ivoire. This is expected to be a full-time position based in Abidjan.
* Serve as the primary Point of Contact (POC) on gender issues under the project
* Advise and support the program on gender related issues and mainstream gender perspective
throughout the two objectives of the project
* Advise policy and facilitation of knowledge building on gender issues
* Lead the compilation, analysis, and interpretation of gender-related challenges over women
land lights in Côte d’Ivoire through research and preparation of top-quality analysis and reports
* Master’s degree or higher in Social Science, Law, Political Science, Economy, or another
* A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience on legal women
empowerment, gender, governance, advocacy, women and youth empowerment, and
community cohesion in West Africa;
* A minimum of four (4) years of experience in a senior supervisory role on a development
program of similar size or complexity;
* Demonstrated experience working on gender issues within West Africa including francophone
countries; experience working on gender issues in Côte d’Ivoire preferred;
* Professional-level fluency in English and French is required.