Senior Manager, Business
Integrity , United States
The Senior Manager, Business Scope of Work
The role offers an experienced development sector professional the chance to support Integrity’s continued growth by leading on our response to priority bids, developing key client relationships and building winning teams and consortia.
You will work closely with our Head of Programs in the DC office to oversee a growing project pipeline that includes several prime, multi-year projects across the world. You will serve as the primary point of contact to USAID for the EVAL ME II IDIQ on which Integrity is a Prime.
Your position sits within our Business team, which leads the organisation’s strategy and execution of business development, account management, consultant management and marketing and communications. The position is US-based with international travel.
Terms of Reference
The Senior Manager, Business role requires a mature, proactive and energetic individual with strong proposal-writing, negotiation and people skills. The right individual would combine the drive to compete for and win large-scale contracts with the emotional intelligence required to work across different teams, geographies, and cultures.
A. Business Development (55%)
- Manage the business development (BD) process for task orders under Integrity’s USAID EVAL ME II IDIQ and other USG work in line with Integrity’s corporate BD strategy as part of the Business team and in close consultation with Integrity’s other teams, Services, Operations and Corporate.
- Grow and manage a USG and US based donor BD pipeline, in line with global and regional strategies, that enables us to deliver company0wide financial targets on a quarterly basis.
- Manage bids from pre-positioning through to submission and handover to delivery teams, leading on: Bid strategy – development of win themes and contribution to internal resource allocation; Bid management – development of bid plans and leadership of bid teams; Capture planning and trips; Consortium mapping and selection; Staffing; Proposal writing; Cost Proposals; Compliance; Handover to delivery teams, including consortium and team communications.
- Support development of best-of-sector proposal processes including pre-positioning, thought-leadership, client-outreach, competitor mapping, consortium selection, technical and commercial submissions, and staffing.
- Oversee lessons learning and failure / success analysis to evolve and improve our win rate and the technical and commercial suitability of our proposals.
- Support the development and execution of the business development strategy, including working with our regional offices to build tailored strategies aimed at growing our USAID market share and position in the market.
- Input into the company-wide identification, recruitment, and relationship-management of best-of-sector project consultants, including dynamic and responsive teaming processes on key proposals.
- Input in the development, capture and use of regional and national consultant databases.
B. IDIQ Management (25%)
- Serve as the primary point of contact to USAID for the EVAL ME II IDIQ.
- Provides central management and oversight of the Integrity consortium and its responses to task orders under this award.
- Work collaboratively and regularly with consortium partners and local and regionally based MEL firms/organisations/institutions.
- Report to USAID technical and contract personnel in accordance with USAID reporting requirements (e.g. quarterly IDIQ reporting to USAID).
- Oversee and manage our compliance requirements.
C. Account Management (15%)
Assist in the implementation and coordination of the account management strategy, supporting:
- Prioritization of key and strategic accounts within USAID
- Mapping of key accounts and the creation of in-depth account profiles
- Development of individual account strategies as required
- Actively engage accounts in order to build pipeline and enhance the winnability of our bids
D. Staff Management (5%)
- Line manage select junior Integrity staff and/or corporate consultants.
- Work with colleagues under line management to develop their careers, contributing to professional advancement, job satisfaction and personnel retention.
The Senior Manager, Business will have:
- A degree or Master’s in international development, international relations, business administration or a related discipline.
- 8+ years’ experience in business development and other relevant fields, including 5 years of experience managing complex US government proposals.
- Demonstrated experience in winning and contracting large projects/programs with major US donors, including USAID and the State Department.
- Experience developing or supporting the development of cost proposals.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills. Ability to produce clear, compelling, motivating communications and to learn new audiences quickly.
- Demonstrated experience managing a diverse client base and donor pipeline.
- Demonstrated experience working with international teams in different locations to successfully deliver bids.
- Strong proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent ability to communicate, work in a team, and collaborate with individuals with diverse technical backgrounds and with external stakeholders including government entities and international agencies.
- Written and oral fluency in English, with the ability to write clear and compelling narrative.
It is desirable that the Senior Manager, Business will also have:
- Understanding and experience of working with Foundations such as GATES, HP, Rockefeller etc.
- MEL experience in the international development or consultancy sectors