SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER - HUMANITARIAN
CARE USA , Artigas, Uruguay
CARE is seeking a Senior Program Officer (SPO) who will be a core member of CARE USA’s Humanitarian Team (HT). S/he provides expert advice on the development of proposals for emergency funding and supports the management of the HT’s portfolio of restricted funding grants, such as awards from the Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs (BHA-formerly OFDA and FFP) and the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (BPRM) - an approximate total dollar amount of $70 million per fiscal year.
The Sr. Program Officer will provide technical support for the design of emergency response proposals, interpreting and negotiating agreement terms and conditions, reviewing progress reports and monitoring emergency programs to ensure donor compliance and program quality. In emergency responses, the SPO plays a key coordinating role, providing backstop capacity to CARE’s HQ response.
The person in this role will report to the Humanitarian Program Manager (HPM) and will lead on various functions as needed to ensure team success. S/he must have knowledge of humanitarian action and US Government emergency funding mechanisms as well as strong organization and communication skills.
- Emergency resource mobilization
- US Government Grant Writing, Management, Donor Stewardship, & Programmatic Oversight
- Information management
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in international development studies or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in proposal writing and grant management
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with USG proposal guidelines
- Familiarity with USG grant management procedures and policies
- Exceptional planning, organizing and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively with others on a team and proven team skills
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills
- Ability to manage budgets and review financial reports
- Critical thinking
- Effective decision-making