Snr. Logistics Associate GS7, Pakokku
WFP , Myanmar
Under the direct supervision of Head of Area Office in Pakokku Area Office, the incumbent will perform the following duties: -
- Oversee the logistics operations of Pakokku Area Office (Magway, Mandalay, Sagaing Regions and Chin State).
- Define logistics strategy for Pakokku Area Office within the WFP policies and procedures and provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities to ensure effective integration of logistics operations in any delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Manage logistics operations including all logistics assets in order to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of WFP commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Analyze operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for Pakokku Area Office, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
- Supervised daily Logistics Operations including documentation process, commodity accounting data quality, integrity and provided technical guardian and supports to Logistics staffs to ensure that all the processes are in line with WFP policy and procedures. Analyzed all the Logistics Operations data and produce reports to supervisors.
- Prepare monthly food transfer cost (FTC), monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Manage warehouse planning and ensure all warehouses and transport documents are correctly and timely record in the online database system by using the corporate tool (Logistics Execution Support Service – LESS) for all food receiving, storing and dispatching activities in accordance to the standard operation procedures.
- Provide support to the work of logistics staffs in Pakokku, Samee and Palatwa, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
- Support on the logistics corridor coordination and logistics operation to home based staffs in Chin State and Nagaland area in Sagaing Region to ensure that all the processes are in line with WFP policy and procedures.
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Coordination with State and Regional government, District and Township government departments for the smooth food transport to different locations across Magway, Mandalay, Sagaing Regions and Chin State.
- Manage complex operational issues and provide solutions or recommendations related to all assistance modalities, using initiative and following processes, to ensure the provision of timely resolutions with excellent client service mind-set.
- Support adequate logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
- Provide technical assistance to WFP Programme staffs and Cooperating Partner staffs for logistics budget preparation and proposal review.
- Perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by the supervisor.