Social and Behavior Change Advisor
Save the Children, Uganda
The SBC Advisor provides strategic direction and technical management for the development planning and implementation of crosscutting SBC strategies and interventions. The SBC Advisor will lead the implementation of the overarching Apolou SBC strategy and integrated umbrella Eyok Kiyan / Kengalanena campaign-. S/he will ensure that all SBC activities support the achievement of maternal and child health, nutrition, WASH, adolescent health and livelihood targets in five districts of the Karamoja sub-region namely Amudat, Kaabong, Karenga, Kotido and Moroto. The position will be responsible for the timely delivery of all SBC related activities based on state of the art SBC practices and capture lessons learned. He/she manage thematic budget and consultancy firms. S/he will work closely with project technical and management staff to generate stakeholder inputs, develop implementation plans and suitable knowledge management and measurement, including project result documentation.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum Bachelor's degree SBC, health communication, public health promotion, health or behavioral sciences and related field is required. Post-graduate education.
- Minimum of seven years' experience and demonstrated experience in implementing SBCC, health promotion, and/or social marketing programming applied to e.g MCH, nutrition, water, sanitation, and hygiene or similar programs in Uganda.
- Demonstrated ability to implement effective social and behavior change campaigns, including community engagement and experiential activities in Uganda
- Demonstrated abilities and experience in SBCC strategy and materials development, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of SBCC interventions and managing consultancy firms and budget.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 27th August 2020 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.