Social Protection Technical Assistant - CDGP
Save the Children , Abuja Federal Capital Territor, Nigeria
Nigeria Country Office Seconded to Ministry for Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development
LOCATION: Abuja with travel to the field states
POST TYPE: National
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
ROLE PURPOSE: The purpose of this role is to provide strategic and technical support for engaging in system strengthening, improvement and reform, on behalf of the Hon. Minister for Humanitarian Affairs Disaster Management and Social Development. with a vision for policy coherence, greater linkage and alignment across social protection programmes and systems coordinated by the Ministry.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Social Protection Specialist
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provide strategic and technical support for Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development
(MHDS) for engaging in system reform and improving social protection interventions in Nigeria, with a view for greater linkage and alignment across social protection programmes and systems.
- Provide technical and strategic advice to MHDS on strengthening linkages between humanitarian initiatives and social protection (alignment of assessments, targeting, payment providers, referrals, M&E and social protection systems), and to influence the wider system and policy framework.
- Provide inputs for the development and implementation of the National Social Protection Council/Technical Working Group (contributing where necessary, to the development of scoping study/learning exercise, and updates).
- Work with donors, partners and relevant government departments and agencies to coordinate the Ministry's mandate as it relate social protection policy and programmes.
- Provide updates to the minister on social protection implementation by all players in Nigeria to enhance informed policy decisions.
- Provide a feedback mechanism in the ministry to strengthen monitoring and supervision role of the ministry.
- Advice the minister on key social protection issues and interventions and how best the Ministry will respond to them and also take advantage of the opportunities therein.
- Support the Minister's engagements with relevant stakeholders towards institutionalizing social protection in Nigeria.
- Support the Honorable Minister in following up with partners and other stakeholders on social protection matters.
- Liaise with NASSCO and the secretariat of the Social Protection Council to follow up on decisions and report progress to the Honorable Minister.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- high level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- holds self and others accountable
- creating best-in-class EA function
- future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- designing more effective admin systems
- willing to take disciplined risks
- honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5years and above of direct experience of social protection related to one or more of these fields: health, nutrition and/ or economics. Strong analytical skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable workplans and evaluate progress.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal). The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Commitment to SC's mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Commitment to support cross organisational initiatives.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
- Professional qualification at postgraduate level or equivalent in economics or related discipline
- Experience working with social protection or cash transfer programmes
- Experience of qualitative research techniques
- Experience in international development
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
source : https://www.aplitrak.com/?