Specialist I, Farmer to Farmer
CRS , Byram, United States
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
The Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program promotes sustainable economic growth, food security and agricultural development worldwide. Volunteer technical assistance from US farmers, agribusinesses, cooperatives, and universities helps developing countries improve productivity, access new markets, build local capacity, combat climate change and conserve environmental and natural resources. The F2F Program is funded by the US Agency for Internationa l Development through the US Farm Bill.
Under supervision and following specific instructions, a Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) recruiter provides specialized support and assistance for delivering all aspects of recruiting success for F2F volunteer placements to three F2F country programs. Identifies and seeks solutions for routine operational problems, using standard sources of information.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
* Proficient in the use and application of operational standards, principles, theories, and concepts in volunteer recruitment.
* Identifies appropriate outreach opportunities & represents CRS F2F at career fairs, professional conferences and networking events and builds and maintains a pipeline of talented professionals and promote Farmer-to-Farmer’s brand to target potential new volunteers.
* Evaluates, identifies, and recommends modifications to existing procedures, and contributes to the ongoing development of farmer to farmer operations.
* Implements and maintains internal tracking systems to monitor functions/programs within area of specialization.
* Responds to and resolves elevated issues arising from daily recruitment & logistical activities; carry out day-to-day problem solving as necessary on day-to-day program-related needs and issues.
* Ensure accurate and timely processing of requests and actions, and professional and prompt responses to queries.
* Applying diplomacy and negotiation skills, able to operate effectively as a single contributor or as a member of a team to accomplish common goals.
* Master’s Degree
* Experience with information systems
* Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
Key Working Relationships:
* Internal F2F project team, Global Grants team and HQ departments
* External US recruitment partner organizations, F2F implementing organizations, volunteers and potential volunteers
* Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience
* Minimum of two to three years of progressively responsible work experience.
* Proficiency in variety of computer software applications
* Strong time management skills, ability to multitask.
* Strong communication skills, able to edit and proofread documents.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.