Staff Counsellor SC 10/KINSHASA
WFP , Kinshasa, Democratic Republic Of The Congo
- Provide culturally sensitive psychosocial support to individuals, groups of staff and/or their immediate family members, to ensure staff are assisted in difficult situations and that comprehensive assessments and treatment plans are prepared.
- Provide active psychosocial support during emergencies and/or after critical incidents to ensure continued staff well-being.
- Actively engage with management and staff to establish relationships based on trust and respect.
- Contribute to the staff readiness for deployment in difficult duty stations through briefings, counselling sessions and other activities to ensure proactive support is extended to staff.
- Deliver workshops, trainings, and information sessions on a wide range of topics (e.g. stress management, team-building, problem-solving, conflict resolution, etc) to ensure that staff regularly receive relevant information, and are aware of sources where to find information or assistance.
- Contribute to the design of corporate policies and guidelines, design information booklets/materials to increase awareness of important themes and promote staff welfare.
- Lead the establishment of Peer Support Volunteers (PSV) network and manage capacity building of this group.
- Prepare comprehensive reports, plan budget for missions, trainings and plan and implement other staff counselling activities to ensure the provision of cohesive counselling services.
- Hold accountability for maintenance of professional confidentiality at all times, practice ethics, actively engage with staff, listen to their concerns, and stay approachable.
- Other as required.