Statutory & Trusts Fundraising Manager (Maternity Cover)
RedR UK, London, United Kingdom
RedR UK provides training and technical support to NGOs, aid workers and communities responding to natural and man-made disasters all over the world. Our expert support ensures that those responding to humanitarian crises - whether or not they are professional aid workers - have the skills to do so safely and effectively.
We also work in partnership with international and national NGOs, UN agencies, academic institutions, think tanks and the private sector to improve emergency response at a global level. Since our founding in 1980, we've responded to many of the major disasters the world has faced, including the 2004 'Boxing Day' tsunami, the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, the recent Ebola outbreak, and the ongoing Syrian crisis.
RedR UK is also a Membership organisation: we have a global network of 1,800 Members, all of whom are experienced humanitarian professionals. RedR Membership is a mark of quality, enabling aid workers to obtain professional recognition of their skills and experience.
The role is a maternity cover position for 10-12 months, depending on start date. It is envisaged there will be a handover period at the beginning and end of the contract. The position is full-time and will be based at RedR UK’s office in London.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be familiar with RedR UK projects and identify those which will attract significant financial support from Statutory and Trust and Foundation sources
- To research potential funders thoroughly, identifying connections and interests
- Together with senior staff members, develop relationships with new and current funders and partner organisations ensuring they are motivated to collaborate with RedR UK
- To research, draft and submit funding bids and applications, working closely with the programmes team and other colleagues to ensure the design of excellent projects
- To oversee compliance with donor requirements and keep in close contact with the programmes team with regard to project deliverables and communications with donors
- To report on the success of our projects; meeting donor requirements, crafting narrative and financial project reports and telling great stories of human impact
- To work occasional weekend and evening events in support of programmes and fundraising colleagues where necessary
- As part of the office team, assist with general administrative duties including answering incoming phone calls, hosting visitors, supporting volunteers etc.
- Any other reasonable tasks or duties as required by the line manager or organisation
- Track record of bidding for, securing, managing and reporting on six/seven figure grants from Statutory and Trust and Foundation sources
- Knowledge of key institutional and private funders, their funding interests, bidding processes and reporting requirements
- Able and comfortable working at both the strategic and operational level
- Proven experience of preparing and managing budgets
- Good attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
- Proven experience of preparing and managing narrative proposals and reports for a variety of humanitarian and development donors
- Excellent IT skills, specifically in MS Office and database management
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to influence across the organisation
- Confidence and ability to represent RedR externally including public speaking as necessary
- An enterprising, creative, goal-orientated and can-do-attitude
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally, sometimes to difficult/insecure locations for up to 25% of the time
- Fluency in spoken and written English
To download a full job description, please click here: