Strategic Procurement Manager
Palladium , London, United Kingdom
Strategic Procurement Manager
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal e mployment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations Team (HSOT), contracted by Palladium International Ltd, provides the Department for International Development (DFID) with humanitarian operations services and the UK Government’s Stabilisation Unit (SU) with stabilisation operations support.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide commercial procurement services within the Procurement and Logistics Team (P&L team). The role will be responsible for planning, negotiating, selecting and controlling the effective procurement of goods and services for both DFID and the SU. The role will also be responsible for managing the migration to the new procurement system and due dili gence system across the P&L team. The post-holder will line-manage the Senior Procurement Officer and provide matrix management to various members of the team.
- Coordinate all procurement activity undertaken on behalf of HSOT by core and surge staff within the UK and overseas during responses ensuring legal compliance and current Palladium policies, guidance & Standard Operation Procedures and international best practice.
- Provide strategic oversight of key supplier management roles within the team.
- Implement and improve goods inspection, product testing, CSR and due diligence regimes for all procurement activity undertaken by core and surge staff within the UK and overseas during responses, including compliant rapid procurement during responses.
- Procurement and sales of medicines and warehousing and transport services for medicines in strict accordance with the EU Good Distribution Practice of medicinal products for human use (GDP) Guidelines, 2013 including:
- Undertake due diligence and pre-qualification of suppliers according to GDP and HSOT policies and guidelines.
- Full adherence to Palladium’s Quality Management System (QMS) Manual for Brokerage and Wholesale Distribution, particularly in relation to documentation control, deviations, change control and risk management.
- Oversee the contractual management of HSOT air charter provision by providing matrix management to the Air Charter Manager and advice and assistance to the Air Charter Manger and the Air Charter Officer.
- Act as escalation point for commercial management of HSOT air charter provision.
- Provide line management of the Senior Procurement Officer and matrix management of the procurement undertaken by various other roles.
- Maintain readiness to undertake overseas deployment when required.
Required Qualifications: Profile and Skills
- Substantial demonstrable experience of working in procurement and/or supply chain within a humanitarian setting is essential.
- Proven experience of driving improvement with a specific focus on quality management.
- Proven ability to deal with a varied, demanding, often conflicting and rapidly changing workload.
- The ability to pursue, adapt, and lead change, and demonstrate flexibility in response to changing business environments.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and proven experience of building excellent working relationships, both internally and externally.