Supply Chain Assistant
Save the Children , Erbil, Iraq
This role will support the Supply Chain Officer to ensure that all Save the Children Iraq Supply Chain processes and proceedures are implemented and followed in a fully audit compliant manner. The primary objective of the role is to ensure continuous and timely support to programmes for procurement, fleet, asset and warehouse related activities and drive value for money, delivering quality, efficiency and effectiveness with a right first time approach.
The main responsibilities of this post will vary according to the terms of reference for each assignment and may include Roving support to other office locations when required.
The main purpose of this specific role is to provide support to the Procurement component of Save the Children Iraq Programmes in Erbil Country Office. The key accountabilities include;
* Procurement of supplies and services as advised by the Supply Chain Officer where delegated.
* Relevant contract preparation, tracking and updating status of Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders and existing contracts in their relevant templates.
* Preparation of Supply Chain payment documents for review and further approval by budget holders.
* Recording and tracking of payments upon approvals and submission to Finance.
* Filing and archiving paperwork and documentation in the department.
* Supporting with Fleet Management, Assets and Warehouse activities.
* Supporting with preparations and readiness for Pro-Save Source to Pay Procurement System implementation
* Contribute to the successful achievement of monthly Supply Chain KPI's.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Supply Chain Officer
Staff reporting to this post: 0
Role Dimensions: This role is based in SCI Country Office, Erbil, supporting our Program Portfolio which currently includes Erbil, Dohuk, Diyala, Kirkuk and Ninewa, . Support to Field Offices and additional portfolio program locations maybe required depending on operational needs and future portfolio growth
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
* Implement and maintain Save the Children procurement procedures and practices ensuring full records are kept to audit trail standards under both Save the Children and donor regulations.
* Develop working relations with suppliers and ensure Save the Children is getting value for money in all transactions.
* Regular follow-up with vendors and contractors for timely delivery of goods or services in accordance with the contract terms and conditions
* Liaise with other departments to ensure required paperwork for processing all procurement documents and payments is fully signed and submitted in a timely manner
* Ensure that the Supply Chain Department database is up to date, maintained and circulated as appropriate including the Procurement Tracker, Supplier Database, Contracts Database & Framework Agreement Tracker, Waiver Tracker, ATC Tracker and BAF Tracker
* Ensure routine and regular payments are processed with the finance department
* Whilst the focus is on Procurement activities there maybe times when support will be required for Fleet, Assets and Warehouse activities.
* Any other duties as required by line manager
* Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
* Fulfil other roles as required to meet the needs of the Supply Chain support to the programmes and as required by line management.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
* holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
* holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
* sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
* widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
* future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
* builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
* values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
* approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
* develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
* willing to take disciplined risks.
* honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity*
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Relevant experience in Supply Chain : technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management
* Proven strong administrative skills
* Fast learner
* Computer literate, with excellent knowledge of excel
* Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
* Level headed, able to take swift decisions, able to remain calm and achieve results under heavy workload.
* Proactive - with initiative, drive and a high level of integrity
* Able to perform and meet expectations with minimal supervision
* Flexibility and willingness to support in a variety of tasks
* Excellent written and spoken English and Kurdish/Arabic. Able to accurately translate documents from one language to the other
* Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
* Degree and or technical background in relevant field -Logistics, procurement, business, administration, accounting.
* Previous experience in humanitarian crisis context
* Technical experience/training in specific areas of Logistics/Procurement
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.