Supply Chain Coordinator
DRC, Sana, Yemen
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmers include protection, livelihood, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. DRC Yemen has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job:
Overall purpose of the role:
Responsible for ensuring all procurement of goods and services, warehousing, transportation of goods and people, vehicle fleet management and general logistical support to the programme are in compliance with DRC operational guidelines.
Responsible for national staff capacity building and provision of technical support and guidance to field program teams and partners on issues relating to logistics, transport, warehousing / stock control, and the distribution of goods. Responsible for implementing DDX (ERP supply chain module) in DRC Yemen. Contribute to the development of country strategies.
Geographic scope: Country Yemen
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and technical guidance to the country operation while overseeing country activities.
• Contributes to the daily operation with comprehensive knowledge in logistics and procurement
• Leads the coordination with the programme staff to ensure logistics & procurement involvement in
the whole programme cycle.
• Ensures that all logistics and procurement specific DRC/donors’ rules and policies are understood and
• Responsible for assigned operational budgetary lines within programmes.
• Tracks, analyzes and reports on KPI’s to identify inefficiencies, areas of improvement, procedure and.
policy performance; this will highlight overall performance and compliance oversight
• Manages the local sourcing, procurement and delivery of national services as appropriate in a timely
and cost-effective manner
• Liaises closely liaise with relevant DRC technical operational departments to establish procurement plans, procurement pipelines to keep requestors informed and ascertain needs and technical requirements/specifications from those technical departments to enable delivery in time of requested goods and services
• Oversight of all purchase and service contracts to ensure DRC's interests are protected
• Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts and FWAs
• Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective
• Fleet: management of rental and owned vehicles and generators (in line with DRC guidelines) Maintains efficient monthly, weekly & daily planning & movements follow-up tools.
• Management of all transportation of goods and people (via road, sea, air) to-from areas of operations and-or other DRC offices
• Registration, maintenance, repairs-maintenance & disposal of DRC assets accordingly to donors’ rule and policies in line with DRC guidelines.
• Supervises the management of the DRC warehouse and stores (in line with DRC guidelines)
• Ensures health and safety, contract management and repairs/maintenance at DRC premises.
As Coordinator, the post-holder is responsible for the following:
• Identify gaps in the skills and competencies of local country supply chain team members and establish and implement development plans
• Establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers, government offices, UN agencies and other NGOs with regards to logistical matters.
• Represent DRC with relevant logistics and communication networks, actively building relevant relationships (logistics cluster, etc.)
• Provides expert advice and support to set strategy and assure operational quality and compliance
• Contribute to Emergency Response planning and Contingency Planning efforts for logistics and procurement needs and execution.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in a similar position
• Experience of field emergencies.
• Working experience from an international non-governmental international humanitarian organisation
• A strong understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors
• Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience of ERP systems
• Full professional proficiency in English, Arabic desirable.
Reports to: Head of Support Services
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• Master's degree in e.g. Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management
• Certification in Humanitarian Logistics Supply Chain (desired if no academic degree)
· English (Fluent)
· Arabic - desirable
DRC will offer the successful applicant a Six-Month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As soon as possible, and be willing and able to work in Yemen – Sana’a.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Expatriate Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (F Non-Manager).