Supply Chain Officer (Cash-Based Transfers and Markets) NO-A
WFP, Yangon, Myanmar
- Perform secondary analysis of the country's leading markets supply chains to determine functionality and identify main gaps; contribute to primary market data collection through inputs to the design of tools and analysis parameters.
- Support the overall Supply Chain (SC) strategy to support CO CSP identifying structure(s), capabilities and resourcing required for both CBT and in-kind;
- Working with SO managers, analyse the current country Strategic Outcomes (SO) food and cash assistance systems to map supply chain activities to support effective and efficient delivery;
- Determine specific SC activities & budgetary requirements to support delivery (CBT & In-Kind) of food assistance systems for each SO;
- Working with the internal WFP Cash and Voucher Working Group, contribute Supply Chain inputs to the transfer modality selection process and operational planning for the selected modalities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with RBB & HQ SC teams on CO SC CBT strategy and scale-up planning, guidance and implementation, incorporating best practices to support the development of the CSP (and SOs).Working with Procurement, Programme, IT and Finance teams, determine the scope of service for retail selection, participate in the evaluation and contracting of retailers to sustainably and efficiently meet the beneficiaries' food and or non-food items needs;
- Working with Procurement, Programme, IT and Finance teams, participate and contribute to the selection and contracting of appropriate financial service providers;
- Maintain a list and critical details (such as contact details, contract start/end dates, location, performance evaluations and other relevant information) on all contracted retailers;
- In collaboration with the Procurement team, monitor utilisation of funds in the purchase orders for transfers to beneficiaries (Purchase Orders Type POCB);
- Arrange onboarding meetings with contracted retailers ensuring understandings of CO operations including programmatic objectives and CO processes from redemption to payment process with the participation of Procurement and Finance;
- Working with Programme team, Finance team, Cooperating Partners and Retailers set up and manage the processing of vouchers from ensuring clear traceability from orders to print to archiving and destructions;
- Working with Programme team, Finance team, IT/SCOPE team, Cooperating Partners and Retailers set up and manage the end-to-end process of e-vouchers;
- Review capacity gaps for the Supply Chain CBT/Markets team, counterparts from other functions, RBB SC team, partners, retailers and beneficiaries to provide appropriate sensitisation, advocacy and training;
- Identify and build productive relationships and partnerships with counterparts in UN Agencies, NGOs, governments and the private sector to share knowledge and resources.