Supply Chain Officer FT-NOA
WFP, Panama, Panama
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is found in the Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean, Regional Supply Chain Team and this person will be under the overall supervision of the Senior Regional Supply Chain Officer, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed which is essential to facilitate learning self-development and possible assumption of expanded responsibilities. The Job holder at this grade level are typically “contributors” and work closely with a more experienced professional staff member. They carry out analytical work and come up with recommendations on supply chain related matters.
To provide analytics and contributions to the supply chain activities, following an effective and integrated supply chain approach meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries and service provision requirements for partners. The Supply Chain in WFP includes both logistics and procurement elements to support all food assistance transfer modalities (in-kind, cash and/or voucher).
- Contribute to the development and implementation of supply chain plans and procedures, in line with the
- global WFP supply chain strategy and regional/functional strategies, policies and plans, to achieve
- operational cost efficiency, agility, reliability, quality and to support national capacity strengthening.
- Contribute to country context analyses and management of end-to-end operational supply chain and retail
- networks, in order to support addressing operational supply chain challenges and obtaining operational
- Contribute to the implementation of supply chain operations, initiatives and services to ensure a timely,
- cost-effective and integrated approach with core activities and services.
- Collect and analyze data and put together reports highlighting opportunities for improvement and effective
- operationalization of supply chain within the area of responsibility.
- Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out recommendations to the
- supervisor for maximizing use of resources and effectiveness of supply chain operations.
- Partner at the operational level and collaborate with counterparts in the key supply chain functions
- contributing to an integrated supply chain approach to food assistance and cross-functional operational
- Conduct portions of market analysis and supply chain network mapping for the review of the supervisor,
- to support wider analytics on the selection of an appropriate operation modalities to improve supply chain
- Support supply chain projects or operational day-to-day activities in compliance with the established
- supply chain strategies, policies, procedures and controls, and following corporate standards, contributing to
- quality control, loss prevention, risk mitigation and cost effectiveness.
- Support monitoring supply chain activities to check that appropriate internal controls are followed to
- increase the day-to-day efficiencies and overall performance of supply chain operations.
- Support management of service providers/vendors, port, fleet and warehouse operations to promote
- safe, efficient planning and execution of WFP operations.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports or support preparation of complex reports, dashboards and other
- visual materials on supply chain activities for supervisor’s review to contribute to informed decision-making
- and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
Contribute to preparedness actions and support quick emergency response to deploy food and
- resources at the onset of the crisis.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Engineering,
Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, or other related field, or First University degree with
additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: Fluency in both English and Spanish is a must. Another UN Language is considered an added
Experience: At least one year of professional experience in the Supply Chain field or related area.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience in analysing operational context and trends;
- Experience in supporting analytical and conceptual work on supply chain strategy and implementation;
- Experience in designing plans and operational scenarios in collaboration with key internal and external
- Experience in analysing end-to-end supply chain operations;
- Experience working with supply chain information systems;
- Experience in troubleshooting and solving operational issues.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Position: Supply Chain Officer
- Number of openings: 1
Unit: Supply Chain
Based in: Panama City, Panama
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Level: National Officer, level A (NOA)
Duration: 12 months.
Only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledgement.
This position is open only to Panamanian citizens.
Fixed-Term appointments are for a continuous period of one year or more and shall have a specified
expiration date. The initial appointment is subject to a probationary period of one year.