Team Leader for Integrated Governance Program End Line Survey
CAMRIS International, Karnali, Nepal
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
CAMRIS International implements USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity a five-year project. The Nepal MEL Activity assists the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs.
The Nepal MEL Activity has three major components:
- Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
- esign and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
- Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID' s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity Nepal, we seek a Team Leader for the upcoming End Line Surveys of USAID/Nepal’s Integrated Governance Project (IGP). The Integrated Governance Project (IGP) surveys play an important role in providing information for USAID’s comprehensive 2014 Performance Management Plan (PMP), reflecting the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The overall goal for the Mission, as stated in the CDCS, is “a more democratic, prosperous, and resilient Nepal.” Within the PMP, Development Objective (DO1) established indicators for each intermediate result (IR) and each of the four sub-IRs including peace, accountability, civil participation and performance. The IGP Surveys supply several data sets for monitoring and evaluation efforts under the PMP.
The MEL Activity implemented by CAMRIS International provided technical assistance for quality assurance during the IGP baseline survey in 2015, conducted the mid line survey in 2017, and is looking for a team leader to conduct an end line in 2019.
- Review Mission’s IGP indicators and Performance Indicator Reference Sheet (PIRS)
- Interpret statistical outputs the IGP data from 2019 compared to 2017 based on the Integrated Governance program by linking program indicators with the theory of change
- Generate or request additional analyses, if required.
- Review key documents related to Democracy and governance
- Draft and revise survey reports based on feedback and comments first from MEL and then from USAID
- Present key survey findings to the Mission and IP as required
- Work closely with MEL Activity during the assignment period
- A university degree, Master’s degree required, Ph.d. preferred
- Experience of 10-15 years in the area of Democracy and governance required
- In depth understanding of Democracy and governance framework, principles and issues of Nepal required; global understanding preferred
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations, particularly in relations to Democracy and governance preferred
- Strong skills in generating and interpreting statistical analyses of quantitative data required
- Good understanding of qualitative data and findings preferred
- Experience in program/project evaluation oversight and implementation required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; writing samples, and three professional references, will be requested.