WHO - World Health Organization, Cairo, Egypt
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The main objective of the programme is to provide guidance to the Member States in their efforts to prevent disease and deaths due to viral Hepatitis, HIV and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI). The programme promotes public health approaches and guides national policies and strategies towards strengthening health systems to increase the coverage of continuum of evidence-based and cost-effective prevention, care and treatment services. It coordinates with partner agencies in order to achieve mutual goals in the context of sustainable development.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Collect and analyze data and maintain up-to-date programmatic information on HIV and Hepatitis screening/testing and treatment, Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) of HIV and hepatitis from Member States in the Region;
- Develop country information sheets on HIV and hepatitis; regional overviews on the epidemiology and response
- Monitor the progress of the implementation, milestones and targets of the Regional Action Plan for Hepatitis 2017-2021 in the region
- Follow up with countries to complete the Global AIDS Monitoring (GAM) and the Survey on antiretroviral use, including providing briefing to national and WHO country focal points for reporting, clarifying and cleaning the reported data.
- Follow up with Member States to ensure that all data necessary for regional surveillance report is received, validated and entered in the Regional electronic reporting platform.
- Provide technical input to countries to establish/improve national HIV/Hepatitis and STI surveillance and programme monitoring and evaluation systems
- Organize relevant campaigns, regional meetings and consultations.
- Essential: First university degree in public health or epidemiology, or statistics, or database management.
- Desirable: Specialization in Epidemiology and/or Disease Surveillance
- Essential: At least 2 years work experience in quantitative epidemiology and the implementation of public health surveillance
- Desirable: Experience in HIV, hepatitis and STI surveillance; program monitoring
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills on the public health aspects of infectious disease control, surveillance and programmme monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to process and analyze and interpret data and demonstrable skills in the use of data spreadsheets and databases.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French. Intermediate knowledge of Arabic.