TECHNICAL WRITER for WHITE PAPER (Thai Version)
ADPC , Bangkok, Thailand
1.About WHITE PAPER (Thailand)
A new emerging infectious disease caused by the novel corona virus (COVID-19) continues to unfold and has become a global public health problem with over 2.9 million people confirmed cases in 196 countries resulting in 959,116 deaths. To date, there are 3506 confirmed cases, 59 deaths out of 76 provinces including Bangkok across Thailand.
Since the outbreak, Thailand has pro- actively executed different counter-measures including the declaration of Emergency Decree to combat COVID-19. Laboratory capacities, infection screening and investigation capacities are gradually strengthened. This resulted in the decline of new confirmed patients with increase in discharged cases in the past several weeks. The over-demand needs of ICU facilities and supplies for severe patients has been shifted to another challenge focusing on hospital-based risk management capabilities.
The surge capacity of healthcare systems, is overtly challenged including health professionals experiencing a lot of pressure from exhausting long hour shifts, stigma, and lack of experiences in dealing with this scale of pandemic. Hospitals in many provinces are incapable of controlling the outbreak. Some hospitals have to stop normal wards services. Support from bigger health facilities is being sought. This phenomenon has raised many concerns towards the coping and adaptive capacities of our hospitals to provide appropriate care not only for COVID-19 patients but also the non-COVID cases.
2.Statement of Intent
This white paper project aims to raise risk awareness, strengthen risk management capabilities of hospitals and other health care facilities in Thailand to be better prepared in responding timely to emergencies, disasters and disease outbreaks such as COVID-19. Business Continuity Plans for emerging infectious diseases and adapting to “New Normal Healthcare service Innovations” are presently worked on which will result in build back better and resilience after the crisis.
3.Duties and Responsibilities
Under the technical guidance of Technical specialists (ADPC & MoH Thailand), the technical writer will:
- Design “Thailand’s white paper in Thai version” in order to raise risk awareness and risk management capabilities to strengthen preparedness of health facilities in responding to disease outbreaks (i.e. COVID-19).
- Design a model diagram for hospital surge capacity related to COVID-19.
- Write up a succinct model for new normal health care solutions to build back better for Thailand.
- Ability to write clearly, concise and precise organized, technical document
- Work with Technical writing tools and proper visuals for medical and public health documents
- Potential to translate technical complex information logically
- Ability to use diagrams to express thoughts and collected information
- Good communication skills, strong listening skills, and ability to capture necessary information from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Analytical mind with capacity to breakdown/translate complex technical concepts into easily understood information
- Patience, persistence, perseverance and team work.
- Report directly to the Communication Manager; and
- Work closely with other staff of ADPC.
7.Duration of the Contract
20 January – 20 March 2021