Virtual Facilitator Consultancy
Save the Children , Nairobi, Kenya
The SRHR-HIV Knows No Borders Programme which is implemented in six countries in Southern Africa region (Lesotho, the Kingdom of Eswatini, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique and Republic of South Africa with support from the Netherlands Government, seeks to improve access to SRHR and HIV services and information to the least served migrants and migration-affected communities along cross-border and migration corridors in the region. The project contributes to improving health outcomes among migrants, Adolescents and Young people (AYPs) and Sex workers (SWs) and migration-affected communities by promoting positive healthy sexual relationships that can contribute to reducing new HIV infections and improving Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) indicators by reducing the prevalence of sexually transmitted infections (STI), teenage pregnancy, the maternal mortali ty rate (MMR), unmet need for family planning (FP), increasing the use of modern contraception and greater freedom of choice about sexuality.
The program responds to critical gaps and weaknesses in the SRHR response at regional and country level by strengthening the community-based response to HIV and SRH in the targeted migration affected communities. One of the challenges experienced is individuals who fail to follow up on treatment owing to challenges related to human mobility and migration.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated ability to use internet-based software programs: Zoom/Microsoft Teams, LMS, etc. Skill using Microsoft software including word, excel, and power-point.
- Must be able to productively utilize the aforementioned systems
- Be proficient in spoken and written English
- Experience facilitating workshops on topics such as SRHR with diverse and varying stakeholder, especially religious leaders, traditional leaders/chiefs
Experience working for an NGO, Research institution, or similar local organization will be an added advantage.
The consultant should include the following information in the bid:
- Expected consultancy fee for this assignment
- Detailed profile of the applicant, indicative of the previous relevant experience
- Reference for the client for a similar assignment
- Any other information relevant to this TOR
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested consultants (individuals) with experience in executing similar assignments are invited to submit their applications through the following email:
A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents