Water and Sanitation Finance Team Leader – Tanzania WASH Market Systems Activity
Tetra Tech , United States Minor Outlying Islands
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential WASH Finance Team Leader position on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Tanzania.
The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to expand the provision and governance of WASH services through partnerships with the Government and private sector in Tanzania. Interventions aim to (i) increase access to sustainable water services managed by the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency and urban water utilities; (ii) increase access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; (iii) strengthen the market for sanitation and hygiene products and services; and (iv) strengthening basin water boards and water user associations to enhance stewardship of water resources.
The Water and Sanitation Finance Team Leader will manage efforts to expand access to finance for small-town water utilities, community-based water management organizations, and other water and sanitation service enterprises. Potential sources of finance include the Tanzania National Water Fund, commercial banks, microfinance institutions, development banks, and local governments. The team leader will also manage efforts to improve water and sanitation service provider business performance and planning, cost/fee recovery and address other constraints to credit-worthiness.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
· Designing and implementing financial and operational performance improvement plans for community or utility-scale water and sanitation service providers. Strong experience and results in a related sector will be considered.
· Linking financial institutions to promising businesses that provide water and sanitation products or services.
· Developing and delivering relevant capacity building programs for public sector entities
· Advanced degree relevant to a specific area of specialization (public administration, finance, economics, business, or related field;
· Minimum of ten (10) years of experience managing teams providing assistance on large donor-funded projects with similar scope;
· Demonstrated experience providing technical input and/or advisory services related to WASH financing;
· Experience delivering services in Tanzania working successfully within a team environment;
· Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills, verbal and written
· Fluency in English
Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.