Associate Programme Officer
UNOPS, Awdal, Somalia
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer and working closely with the Programme Managers, the Associate Programme Officer's functional responsibilities include:
- Prepare draft budgets, project proposals for new projects and extensions of oNGOing projects to the Government of Japan as required by the Programme Managers;
- Draft Programme Quarterly and Annual reports for the Government of Japan;
- Prepare case studies and media briefs to profile Government as needed and requested;
- Prepare donor reports, including ad-hoc reports as required;
- Prepare periodic substantive reports for implementing partners against donor contributions, projects and activities;
- Prepare periodic financial reports to local authorities as required;
- Provide logistical and substantive support for donor visits and other delegations;
- Assist the Programme Managers and Programme Officer during donor visits, visits to embassies and presentations and visits to/by Mine Action stakeholders in country;
- Liaise with UN partner agencies and donors in mine action in obtaining up to date information on potential funding and projects;
- Attend inter-agency meetings and assist on any programme issues;
- Provide programme information to partner agencies, non-governmental organizations and contractors and UN agencies;
- Maintain documentation of decisions and actions taken on programme issues;
- Actively engage in developing public information materials and public information initiatives and maintain close working relationships with UN partner agencies on public information activities;
- Any other duties as requested and tasked by the Programme Managers or Programme Officer.
Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Sciences or related field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; OR
A First-level University degree (Bachelor's Degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Sciences or related field with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
Relevant experience is defined as experience in programme management, project management or business administration;
Experience in donor reporting and preparing project proposals is required;
Computer literacy is required.
Fluency in English ( reading, writing and speaking ) is required;
Fluency in Japanese ( reading, writing and speaking ) is desired;
Knowledge of another UN official language is desired.