Chief of Party - Burma
FHI 360 , Yangon, Myanmar
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID Burma TB and HIV Integrated Activity.
The COP is expected to have strategic vision, leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise in public health and/or infectious disease programming and delivery, professional reputation, management experience, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project. S/he will have principal responsibility of representing the activity to USAID. S/he will also have experience interacting with other development projects, host country governments, and international agencies. Specific experience in one or more of the main technical components of the program is required.
The position shall be based out of YaNGOn, Burma. The recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
- Overall responsibility for management of all activity interventions and staff to achieve results
- Responsible for managerial leadership and administrative oversight of the activity and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to USAID
- Manage a team of senior staff and sub-partners and guarantee quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the activity
- Oversee operational procedures and policies, financial controls, and other management functions including management of subawardees, the latter with the help of the component Team Leader
● Bachelor's degree required; however advanced degree (Master’s level) preferred in medicine, public health, international development, public administration, economics, or in a closely related field is required;
● Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience designing, executing, managing and evaluating public health programs is required;
● Minimum of 5 years of executive leadership experience implementing public health -preferably HIV/AIDS or TB projects or programs of a similar size and scope;
● Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and project implementation based on evidence-driven decision making;
● Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders. Experience in interacting positively with co-workers, government agencies, host country governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies;
● Demonstrated experience implementing health sector and health systems strengthening activities or programs;
● Experience with incorporating gender and vulnerable population needs into programming;
● Strong organizational skills including people, task and time management;
● Strong communication and presentation skills particularly to government officials and other key stakeholders;
● Management experience with US government or other donor agency agreements is highly desirable.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 Careers at
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an
whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a
professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is an whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your Career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.