Chief of Party – Armenia Financing Self-Reliance Activity
Tetra Tech , Armenia
Tetra Tech International Development Services (https://Careers.tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting applications from qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Financing Self-Reliance project in Armenia. The purpose of the project is to support the government of Armenia in building effective public financial management institutions, processes, and systems to serve as a foundation for the implementation of its reform agenda and guide the country on its journey to self-reliance.
Position Description: The COP will be the principal point of contact in Armenia for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for all contract management and implementation. S/he will be the primary liaison with USAID/Armenia on technical matters and must adjust activities and operations in response to USAID/Armenia technical direction. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award. The COP’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the award. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments. This will be a full-time position based in Yerevan, Armenia.
- * Master’s degree in financial management or another field relevant to activity themes;
- * At least 7 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience. Previous Chief of Party experience strongly preferred;
- * Direct experience working and managing complex programs in Armenia strongly preferred;
- * Knowledge of relevant regulations and procedures as well as work experience;
- * Proven ability to maintain productive working with the government and stakeholders;
- * Demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate his/her vision to partners and colleagues;
- * Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
- * Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- * Proficiency in English is required.