Chief of Party, South Sudan
LWR , South Sudan
The Chief of Party, based in Juba, South Sudan, will provide overall technical leadership and operational oversight for the USAID funded MOMENTUM Integrated Health Resilience (MIHR) project. S/he will serve as the primary liaison with USAID/South Sudan, MIHR partners in South Sudan, and the MIHR headquarters based in DC (HQ), as well as relevant project stakeholders fostering collaborative working relationships. The COP will ensure the project's goals, objectives, and strategy are achieved and that contractual requirements are met on time and within budget. The COP is responsible for directing the project team with an integrated vision, applying effective leadership and strategic planning skills, management experience, outstanding interpersonal skills, and strong written and oral communication skills. The COP is also responsible for ensuring compliance with IMA policies and procedures and USG rules and regulations. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring sub-awardee compliance and monitoring the quality of program implementation.
- Provide overall management, strategic direction, and technical leadership to the project to achieve expected project results within budget and time-frame
- Serve as principal liaison to USG and the South Sudanese Government and ensure high level of coordination and nurture relationships with all key stakeholders including partner organizations/at national and county level, on administrative, financial and programmatic matters related to the project
- Liaise with USG partners and other donors, as well as implementing partners and stakeholders to ensure coordination of and harmonization with other MNCH/FP and resilience activities in South Sudan
- Oversee the project teams of technical, program, finance, and operational staff to ensure program deliverables, tasks and responsibilities are met; staff management includes hiring, supervising and mentoring project staff
- Oversee project deliverables, including ensuring report preparation and high-quality timely submission
- Lead preparation of annual work plans, project activity updates and other project- related communication and reporting materials
- Represent the MIHR project in all technical, policy and programmatic fora at all levels (regional, national and international)
- Ensure programming compliance with USAID rules and regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Journey to Self Reliance and USAID's MNCH and FP/RH priorities
- Deep knowledge of the political, social, and economic context of South Sudan. Experience working in South Sudan is preferred
- Technical expertise in maternal/child/adolescent health, family planning, and/or reproductive health
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills as well as creative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills
- Fluency in English with professional proficiency in writing
- Knowledge of USG Rules and Regulations
- Advanced degree in related field (e.g., MPH, MD)
- At least 10-12 years of senior-level management experience working on USAID-funded projects. Prior experience as a COP or Deputy COP is required.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities including technical, management, and evaluation expertise for complex programs in resource-constrained countries.
- Experience collaborating and coordinating with local and national host government agencies, and aligning program activities and results with national strategies
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining strong relationships with government agencies, international donor agencies (USG, DFID, UN agencies, civil society and implementing partners.
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational role
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong staff supervision skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate programs with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.