CommCare Consultancy Services to establish a CommCare app under a Service Contract
GOAL , Dublin, Ireland
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian and development agency committed to working with communities to achieve sustainable and innovative early response in crises and to assist them to build lasting solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability. GOAL has worked in over 60 countries and responded to almost every major humanitarian disaster. We are currently operational in 13 countries globally.
- GOAL is seeking a qualified CommCare Consultant(s) to establish a CommCare app that will be managed at GOAL HQ office and used from all GOAL country offices
- Consultancy Information
- The overall objective of this consultancy is to redevelop the programmatic indicator reporting CommCare application, ensuring that useable programmatic and strategic data can be entered by country offices and then integrated into Power BI for global reporting by the HQ MEAL Team.
- The consultant will be provided with detailed specifications on the application functionality, content, and formatting required. The consultant will be expected to discuss with GOAL, options of methods, structures, and configurations before joint decisions are made on how best to develop the application.
The consultancy activities will be to:
Review the existing application (12 forms and 5 case types);
Remove the redundant forms and functionality (4 forms and 2 case types);
Make changes to the structure and configurations (if necessary);
Build in new forms and functionality to allow strategic data reporting (4 forms and 2 case types likely); and
Set up data exports from the CommCare application capable of integration into Power BI using the Excel Dashboard Integration function (at least 5 exports, possibly up to 10). [No work in Power BI will be required].
Produce 2 new guidance documents: 1 end user manual; 1 technical specifications and system architecture.
Produce a series of short instructional videos with screen capture and voice over for end users (approximately 5 videos 1-5 mins in length).
The deliverable of this consultancy is:
- A fully tested and debugged application within GOAL’s CommCare platform in accordance with the provided specifications.
- end user manual.
- technical specifications and system architecture document.
- Set of instructional videos.
- The consultancy can be conducted full time or part time but must be completed within a 4 week period during September or October 2020.
- The consultant will be based remotely.
- At a minimum, verbal reporting to GOAL’s MIS Manager with application demos will be required on a weekly basis.
- IT Requirements
- The consultant will need internet connectivity to conduct all the work on CommCare. The connectivity must also be stable enough for video calling and sharing screens for effective and efficient reporting.
- Consultant Experience Requirements
- As a minimum requirement, an undergraduate degree in information technology, statistics, social sciences, development studies, or similarly relevant discipline.
- At least 2 years’ experience designing and building applications within CommCare.
- Expert knowledge of case management and organisational structures within CommCare.
- Ability to write Xpath syntax and use hidden calculations in CommCare.
- Knowledge of results frameworks and indicator reporting for humanitarian / development programmes.
- Experience in building information systems for monitoring and evaluation data.
- Roles and Responsibilities
The MIS Manager at GOAL will be the focal point for this consultancy. They will provide the consultant with access to the CommCare application and the details of the activity specifications. The consultant is only responsible for conducting the activities and providing the deliverables.