Country Manager (Tirana, Albania)
UNOPS , Tirane, Albania
Duty Station: Tirana, Albania
Application deadline: 30-Dec- 2020
Women are encouraged to apply.
The Country Manager reports directly to the Austria Mult-Country Office (AUMCO) Director who provides direction and general supervision. Country Manager, who will be an integral part of the MCO management team, is responsible for programme development planning and preparation and for managing all stages of programming to achieve results in the area/s of responsibility. The role contributes to the development and implementation of strategies to enhance the competencies and position of UNOPS in sustainable project management and services to partners, stakeholders and UN system partners. The responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Develop proposals and prepare project documents agreements in connection with identified opportunities and in cooperation/collaboration with partners.
- Plan, recruit, manage and develop a flexible workforce with the skills and competencies needed to ensure optimum performance, and ensure gender and geographical diversity.
- In consultation with the UNOPS Chief of Security, and on behalf of the MCO Director, act as the UNOPS Security Focal Point (SFP) within the country of operation including participating actively in the Security Management Team (SMT) and perform duties on security as outlined in the Framework of Accountability in the UN Security Management System Policy Manual.
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships through active networking, advocacy and effective communication of UNOPS competencies in project service delivery and management, to develop opportunities and engagements.
- Establish and maintain appropriate arrangements for direct operational support for delivery of the Business Unit programmes/projects, as well as support services, including leveraging regional or corporate support facilities whenever available.
- Take responsibility for financial decisions/exercise financial control to ensure the fiscal health/sustainability of the office, including submitting financial reports to the Multi Country Office Director.
- Keep the UN Resident Coordinator informed of UNOPS activities within Albania through regular communication and formal reporting on business acquisition and implementation of activities led by UNOPS as part of the UNSDCF or equivalent.
- Plan, implement and organise the strategic capacity building of personnel, partners and stakeholders.
Education/ Expereince/ Language requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with an additional two years of relevant work experience will be accepted in lieu of a Master’s/advanced university degree
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development, business development, operations and/or programme management in a large international and/or corporate organization is required. Preferably, some of this should include managing projects and programmes linked to large architecture/technical works.
- Expertise in managing and implementing EU funded projects is an asset.
- Past experience with cultural heritage related interventions is an asset.
- Experience in the UN system organizations and/or development context is desirable.
- Experience working in Albania or the sub-region preferred.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
- Knowledge of Albanian or Italian is an asset.