DanChurchAid (DCA) is looking for a Humanitarian Advisor for Lebanon
DCA , Lebanon
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop new ways of providing immediate relief assistance, support community resilience, and build local capacity in Lebanon? Can you lead and advice dedicated national partners?
As our new Humanitarian Advisor, you will have the responsibility for developing a DCA Humanitarian Response Programme within the DCA Lebanon Country Office, identifying potential synergies with the Mine Action interventions. The position develops and oversees a responsive and innovative multi-sectoral humanitarian relief and resilience programme including partner implementation. You will also be responsible for leading and delegating work to a team of committed personnel within the Lebanon country office.
The main DCA office is in Tyre and the position must anticipate regular travel between Beirut and Tyre.
The DCA Lebanon Country Programme
DCA aims to save lives and build resilience within vulnerable communities in Lebanon. We clear landmines and other explosive remnants of war to enable release of land to the population for improved socio-economic development, reduce the risks, support victims, and develop national capacities. DCA provides protection and immediate assistance to refugees including emergency response, resilience building activities, and psychosocial support.
Key responsibilities of the Humanitarian Advisor include:
- Lead the building of a Humanitarian Response Programme in parallel to the DCA Mine Action Programme (HMA) in Lebanon.
- Strengthen locally led responses and facilitate capacity building of the local partners.
- Ensure proactive humanitarian response capacity in the team and with partners.
- Supervise and manage the Programme Team, through mentoring, regular coaching meetings, regular support, and capacity development.
- Delegate work and ensure that deadlines are met, and procedures (policies, guidelines, and formats) are followed.
- Coordinate with relevant humanitarian fora, international NGOs, UN agencies, donors, national and local authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Explore and advise on partnerships and programmatic opportunities.
- Responsible for developing concept notes and project proposals and take lead on fundraising. This includes project design and leading the development of project proposals, together with partners in Lebanon and HQ.
We are looking for the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience at a similar level, within the humanitarian sector
- Strong communications skills, both spoken and written. Fluency in written and spoken English (knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage)
- Strong ability to plan, coordinate and lead processes that include multiple stakeholders and interests
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and develop staff and partner staff, and create a conducive working environment
- Experience with fundraising, networking, donor liaison and coordination
- Strong analytical skills and capacity
- Good command and interest in grants and financial management and compliance
- Cultural sensitivity, strong communication and diplomatic skills, with the ability to build relations both within and outside DCA
- A relevant academic qualification
- Experience from the Lebanon or near region is an added advantage.
- A one-year renewable contract
- Non-family posting based in Tyre/Beirut and with regular in-country travel
- A competitive salary package to be negotiated based on experience level
- 6 weeks of paid annual leave
- Insurance as per industry standards
- An opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of vulnerable people and people living at risk