Development (Fundraising) Associate
Educate Girls,Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
job Description – Development (Fundraising) Associate
Designation Development (Fundraising) Associate
Location Head Office
Employment type Renewable fixed term contract
Report to Manager/Deputy Manager Development
Functional reportees - Employment level Junior
Organization Background Established in 2007, Educate Girls (a project of 'Foundation to Educate Girls Globally') is holistically tackling issues at the root cause of gender inequality in India's education system that has helped to ensure over 90% enrolment and higher attendance as well as improved school infrastructure, quality of education and learning outcomes for all girls. Our comprehensive model helps communities assess their school situation, initiate action plans and empowers them to sustain positive results at the lowest cost. Educate Girls believes that if girls in the most backward gender gap districts are educated now, they will have the potential to enter the formal economy, gain employment and lift their families out of poverty. By leveraging the government's existing investment in schools, Educate Girls delivers measurable results to a large number of beneficiaries and avoids duplication or parallel delivery of services. Because of the sustainability and scalability of the model, Educate Girls has grown from a 500-school pilot project in the Pali district of Rajasthan to now serving thousands of schools, reaching millions of children in some of India's most remote areas. The non-governmental organization has a management and outreach office in Mumbai and operations in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh and is committed to launching interventions in multiple new geographies across India over the coming years. For further details about organisation please visit www.educategirls.NGO
job Profile Overview of the role:
The Development (Fundraising) Associate will work with the Manager(s) - Development to develop and manage relationship with the donors by ensuring regular communications and adherence to reporting timelines with donors.
• Manage relationships with current donors (including impact investors, venture philanthropists, high net worth individuals, foundations and corporate organizations).
• Ensure regular communications and adherence to reporting timelines with donors.
• Liaise with various departments within EG to collect and present relevant information to stakeholders.
• Develop letter of interests, grant applications, proposals, award applications etc.
• Research and tracking of potential funding sources to help improvise the fundraising strategy. Breakdown of main tasks in percentages:
• Conceptual work: strategy, concepts and presentations: 30%
• Writing: reports, proposals 70%
Areas of Responsibility: Donor relations
• Assist in managing EG’s relationships with donors. Facilitate timely delivery of reports while managing donor expectations and adhering to the reporting timeline (write and review reports).
• Prepare stakeholder specific reports and assist in completing the due diligence requirements of donors by coordinating and collating data from Impact, Finance, Program, HR team.
• Manage and update the internal donor management system (Salesforce) and ensure all prospective and current donor details are accurately recorded in the donor database.
• Research and selection of online fundraising / crowd funding platforms best suited. Also, manage Educate Girls campaigns on the existing and new platforms.
• Support Dy. Manager and Manager – Development in representation activities with donors and strengthen EG’s donor base for sustainability of the organizations activities.
Proposal and report writing
• Work closely with finance, program, operations and M&E departments on KPIs, budget requirements,
• and program activities to develop proposals.
• Manage and maintain all Educate Girls funding profiles, complete application of interests,
• grant applications, proposals, award applications
Preferred Education Background:
• Graduate/ Post graduate degree in social sciences, development studies, business management or equivalent qualification preferred.
Preferred Work Experience:
• 1-2 years and above of professional experience in fundraising, reporting, writing proposals, grant applications preferably in an NGO.
Preferred Skill Set:
• Outstanding communications and writing skills in English
• Attention to detail
• Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to work with people from varied backgrounds,
at all management levels
• Ability to coordinate with departments, organize and prioritize workload and adhere to deadlines
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office-Excel, Power point, word.
• Commitment to Educate Girls’ mission and values
• Gender sensitivity
"Educate Girls is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.