District HR Specialist
Educate Girls[Banswara, Sidhi] RJ,MP, Rajasthan, India
job Title - District HR Specialist
Department - HR
Position Location - District
Type of Agreement - Renewable fixed-term contract
Position Reporting - Operational Reporting - District Operations Lead; Functional Reporting- State HR Sr. Specialist
Position Level - Junior
Educate Girls – An Overview:
Vision- We aim to achieve behavioural, social and economic transformation for all girls towards an India where all children have equal opportunities to access quality education.
Background- Educate Girls (a project of 'Foundation to Educate Girls Globally’) is a non-profit organization that focuses on mobilizing communities for girls’ education in India’s rural and educationally backward areas. Strongly aligned with ‘Right to Education Act’ or the ‘Samagra Shiksha’ the organization is committed to the Government’s vision to improve access to primary education for children, especially young girls. Educate Girls currently operates successfully in over 20,000+ villages in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. By leveraging the Government’s existing investment in schools and by engaging with a huge base of community volunteers, Educate Girls helps to identify, enrol and retain out-of-school girls and to improve foundational skills in literacy and numeracy for all children (both girls and boys). This helps deliver measurable results to a large number of children and avoids parallel delivery of Services.
We are at www.educategirls.NGO for detailed information on our vision, mission and programs.
The incumbent will have overall responsibility for driving and institutionalizing HR best practices in collaboration with the respective Functional & Operational teams at district level. The incumbent will be responsible for managing Employee Life Cycle (ELC) at the district level. The position needs to develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, Operations alongside the best contemporary practices in Human Resources. The position is overall accountable for Talent Management, HR Operations, Payroll & Compliance, Performance Management and MIS & Documentation at District Level.
Position in the Organogram:
Head HR and Admin
State HR Sr. Specialist
District HR Specialist
Position Key Responsibilities:
• Recruitment Data base Management – To encourage Employee Referral & IJP
• Manage the Empanelled Recruitment Agency as per SLA and provide regular updates. Also, evaluate potential new Service Providers.
• Manage the relationship with job Portals as per SLA and explore better synergy.
Talent Acquisition Process
• Responsibility for full recruitment life cycle across all functions as per SOP and TAT.
• Ensure the team implements the Recruitment Plan as per the Annual Operating Plan.
• Ensure the formulation and implementation of a cost-effective Recruitment Plan.
• Ensure that the job Requisition Forms are completed for all positions sourced – New/Replacements.
• Sourcing candidates through Internal job Postings and evaluating Function/Region Transfer options.
• Sourcing candidates across Recruitment Database, job Portals, Social Media, Employee Referrals, job Fairs, Campus interviews etc.
• Conducting competency based, behavioural & values-based interviews either through VC/Telephone/In-Person interactions.
• Offer Management including Negotiation, Reference Check, Background Verification and Relationship Management.
• Liaison with the Administration/IT/Learning & Development Team to ensure they are kept informed of all new hires and joining dates and respective inputs.
• Weekly review meetings with function stakeholders
• Recruitment tracker management
• Budget Management
Interview Skills Training and Empanelment
• Ensure that all stakeholders are trained on skills - competency - values based Interviews. Coordinate with Learning & Development Team as per requirement.
• Ensure that all positions within the Region have a well-defined job Description and is relevant.
On-boarding & Induction
• Execute the On-boarding process within the organization – Organization, Functional or Region level as per guidelines received from the Learning & Development.
• To execute and support Project Aarohan – To track the employee connect on Day 1/Week 1/Month 1/Month 2/Month 3 before the probation period ends and recommend actions as required. Head HR and Admin State HR Sr. Specialist District HR Specialist
• Conduct skip level meetings and gauge the engagement level of the employee during the onboarding phase.
• To support HR strategy in implementing various HR Initiatives and keeping all stakeholders informed.
• To support and influence change management to ensure internal HR Transformation.
• To support the delivery for end to end HR Services and standardize processes across the region - from entry to exit including payroll, compliance etc.
• To support in implementation of PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) for employees on extension of probation/during the year.
• Undertake meetings with Region/District managers, Block Officers, Field Coordinators, Focus groups, and arrange for developmental interventions to help build capabilities.
• To support and advise the stakeholders on dealing with all Employee Relations matters.
• To manage and conduct all Employee Relations procedures with support from HR Operations on disciplinary, grievance, performance management and redundancies, Internal Complaints Committee, conducting Exit interviews, coordinating the employee’s exit from the firm and tracking status of full & final settlement.
• Process owner for all Record Management pertaining to Employee’s Personnel Files, Attendance Data, Leave Data, Salary payments etc. during the employee lifecycle for the regions.
• Ensure the compliance for labour laws as well as under the Shops & Establishment Act, as applicable. Represents Educate Girls at hearings as applicable.
• To review and support Team Administration to manage the key deliverables including Procurement, Travel, Conveyance, Communication, Vehicle Hire, Office Lease & Management, Office Notices & Display Board, Fire Safety & Compliance, Office Repairs & Maintenance, Office Stores & Inventory, Records Management, Annual Maintenance Contracts, Asset Issuance and Tracking, Event Management, Vendor Management & Disaster Management policy.
• Monthly/Annual Recruitment MIS
• Need based MIS for Function Heads on elements like Costs, Recruitment Agency Expenses, People pillar targets etc.
• Reviewing risks and demonstrates a quality focus to mitigate attrition.
Desired Incumbent Profile:
Personality: Self-driven, result-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality output. Excellent conceptual and analytical skills. Demonstrable ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically to ensure achievement of desired change objectives. Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability. Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail. Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders. Empathic communicator, ability to see things from the other person's point of view. Ability to get along with variety of individuals and a team-player. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to manage travel up to 25% of the time at the HO/state/district/village level in programme geographies.
Work Life Balance: Must be mature and domestically secure. Able to manage travel without upsetting domestic situation. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
Technology skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email. Knowledge of in-house ERP / automation systems. Open for learning and adapting to new technologies being introduced in the organization.
Specific job Skills & Values:
• Strong understanding of all labour laws, compensation & employee benefit and understanding of all employee related statutory requirements for NGOs
• Ability to manage complex and difficult HR Projects cross-functionally (project management
• Ability to connect business challenges to HR activities
• Able to operate on a tactical and strategic level (ability to deal with ambiguity)
• Excellent communication & articulation skills
• People management & people development skills
• Diligent and firm with high ethical standards
• Sound contextual knowledge of local issues, organizational relationships, social and cultural constraints and realities, and environmental conditions, Right to Education, Child Psychology, and Community Motivation
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships, collaborate with individuals in a culturally diverse setting and build consensus;
• Ability to multitask and perform under stress situation
• Ability to treat people equally irrespective of gender
• Integrity towards the work and ability to “know & do” what is right
• Striving to lead by performance excellence
• Working effectively and inclusively with a range of people both within and outside of the organization
Adherence to Code of Conduct & EG Policies:
All existing & new employees shall ensure that they at all times act in compliance with EG’s laid down Code of Conduct & adhere to all Policies of EG, including but not limited to Workplace Harassment Policy, Sexual Harassment Prevention and Redressal Policy, Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct Policy, Whistleblower Policy, Work from Home Policy, Diversity and Inclusion Policy etc. EG has a zero-tolerance policy for all forms of discrimination.
Preferred Education Background:
• Post-Graduation in Human Resources or Social Sciences
• Fluent in Hindi & English and basic knowledge of local dialect.
Preferred Work Experience: Minimum 2-3 years of experience in HR and Admin, preferably with a non-profit organization
Strategic Thinking – Think big yet act focused
Taking Ownership – Feel responsible & accountable
Analytical Thinking – Stay true to your data
Developing Talent – Growing and taking people together
Ensuring Alignment – Think differently but work together