District Impact Specialist
Educate Girls[Fatehpur, Singrauli], Uttar Pradesh, India
job Title - District Impact Specialist
Department - Impact
Position Location - District
Type of Agreement - Renewable fixed-term contract
Position Reporting - State Impact Sr. Specialist, Operational reporting to District Operations Lead
Position Reportees Impact Associate; Data Entry Operator; Impact Trainee
Position Level - Junior
Educate Girls – An Overview:
Vision- We aim to achieve behavioural, social and economic transformation for all girls towards an India where all children have equal opportunities to access quality education.
Background- Educate Girls (a project of 'Foundation to Educate Girls Globally’) is a non-profit organization that focuses on mobilizing communities for girls’ education in India’s rural and educationally backward areas. Strongly aligned with ‘Right to Education Act’ or the ‘Samagra Shiksha’ the organization is committed to the Government’s vision to improve access to primary education for children, especially young girls. Educate Girls currently operates successfully in over 20,000+ villages in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. By leveraging the Government’s existing investment in schools and by engaging with a huge base of community volunteers, Educate Girls helps to identify, enrol and retain out-of-school girls and to improve foundational skills in literacy and numeracy for all children (both girls and boys). This helps deliver measurable results to a large number of children and avoids parallel delivery of Services.
We are at www.educategirls.NGO for detailed information on our vision, mission and programs.
The position is responsible for implementation all Monitoring & Evaluation activities in the district. The incumbent will work closely on technical aspects with State Impact Sr. Specialist to track the progress of the program on the basis of performance indicators. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring timely collection, analysis and dissemination of all M&E data collected in the district. The position will also be responsible to support the district lead in all data analysis for decision making and train the district team on quality parameters. The position involves intense travel in operational areas especially in blocks and villages based on programmatic need.
Position in the Organogram:
State Impact Sr. Specialist
District Impact Specialist
Data Entry Operator
Position Key Responsibilities:
Strategy, Planning and review
• Develop and support in district plan as well as impact function plan and plan for regular review on defined indicators
• Development of Impact Calendar for all impact team members
• Design actionable M&E micro-plans on an annual and contingent basis as per the M&E framework
• Plan and develop strategy for M&E implementation and course correction for assigned district.
Implementation of plan
• Manage the implementation of impact assessment activities in the assigned district
• Support to Design/development & ensure roll out of data collections where required and not available in core systems (AGP/Phase III/ COVID).
• Ensure roll out/implement of new tools and pilot the same as per monitoring and evaluation plan
• Prepare detailed and up-to-date monitoring findings and data base on the project course correction in order to obtain optimal outcomes;
• Supervision of monitoring activity planning and scheduling action plan for implementation of M & E activities
• Ensure the collection of program information on key indicators from the community, schools and other stakeholders for enhancement of the program.
Quality Assurance and Course correction
• Uphold the quality assurance with data and program delivery for respective district and ensure timely and quick course corrections in data and activities through sharing feedback and insights to program operations.
• Prepare detailed and up-to-date monitoring findings and data base on the project course correction in order to obtain optimal outcomes
• Maintain high standards for rigor, data quality and related good practices within the intervention-based data collection and processing; State Impact Sr. Specialist District Impact Specialist Impact Associate Data Entry Operator Impact Trainee
• Ensure updates available from start of activity and contain timely red flags and actionable insights.
• Coordinating with district impact staff for tracking data collection and on time data entry
• Verification of the data collected by field staff (as per sample) for validation
• Managing web-based MIS portal and mobile application for data management
• Process validation and spot checks of School Management Committees, Mohalla Meeting, Gram Shiksha Sabha, Bal Sabha and School Improvement Plans
• Monitor the field visits of district impact team for cross verification and spot checks
• Monthly quality monitoring updates, including QA done and insights cascaded from FC to block to district to region.
External Readiness/documentation and Reporting
• Data monitor, data entry finalization and data approval and preparation done in time for internal/donor/govt reporting
• Responsible for preparation and compilation of Monthly Reports and present data and insights in monthly meetings at district and regional levels.
• Attend block level meetings for handholding of field staff
Training and people development
• Ensure timely training of district/field staff on new processes
• Training of staff including volunteers on data collection, recording, reporting and data processing, functional induction etc.
• Build capability for remote monitoring, embed into all QM activities.
• Identify training needs of members of the Impact team and recommend training plans including technical and other trainings
• Responsible for efficiency of data collection and analysis process; and strengthening use of data to improve quality
• Ensure budget utilization (team travel tracking against budget) within specified limits
• Participation in training programs organized by Program team
• Support in managing donor visits/internal & external visits
• Ensure that all Impact unit is staffed as per planned position requirements in the district
• Ensure that staff appraisals are conducted for the Impact team as per periodicity specified by the organization’s HR policy
• Support to IT team in roll out of PMS Mobile Application
• Support to other functions in terms of different data requirements
Desired Incumbent Profile:
Personality: Self-driven, result-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality output. Excellent conceptual and analytical skills. Demonstrable ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically to ensure achievement of desired change objectives. Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability. Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders. Empathic communicator, ability to see things from the other person's point of view. Ability to get along with variety of individuals and a team-player Sufficiently mobile and flexible to manage intense travel in operational areas especially in blocks and villages which could amount to 50-60% of the time based on programmatic need.
Work Life Balance:
Must be mature and domestically secure. Able to manage travel without upsetting domestic situation. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word/Power Point, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email. Open for learning and adapting to new technologies being introduced in the organization.
Specific job Skills & Values:
• Sound contextual knowledge of local issues, organizational relationships, social and cultural constraints and realities, and environmental conditions, Right to Education, Child Psychology, and Community Motivation
• Ability to manage large variety of data and excellent data analysis skills, research software proficiency, knowledge of software application/web/android friendly.
• Able to run data management tool or modules or software • Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships, collaborate with individuals in a culturally diverse setting and build consensus;
• Ability to multitask and perform under stress situation
• Ability to treat people equally irrespective of gender
• Integrity towards the work and ability to “know & do” what is right
• Striving to lead by performance excellence
• Working effectively and inclusively with a range of people both within and outside of the organization
Adherence to Code of Conduct & EG Policies:
All existing & new employees shall ensure that they at all times act in compliance with EG’s laid down Code of Conduct & adhere to all Policies of EG, including but not limited to Workplace Harassment Policy, Sexual Harassment Prevention and Redressal Policy, Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct Policy, Whistleblower Policy, Work from Home Policy, Diversity and Inclusion Policy etc. EG has a zero-tolerance policy for all forms of discrimination.
Preferred Education Background:
• Graduate in Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences or related field, preferred
• Fluent in Hindi and local dialect and basic knowledge of English
Preferred Work Experience:
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in relevant field, experience in data analysis and data mining.
Strategic Thinking – Think big yet act focused
Taking Ownership – Feel responsible & accountable
Analytical Thinking – Stay true to your data
Developing Talent – Growing and taking people together
Ensuring Alignment – Think differently but work together