District Operations Assistant Lead
Educate Girls[Sidhi/singrauli] MP, Madhya Pradesh, India
job Title - District Operations Assistant Lead
Department - Operations
Position Location - District
Type of Agreement - Renewable fixed-term contract
Position Reporting - State Operations Lead
Position Reportees - District Program Officer, District Impact Specialist, District Training Officer, District HR Specialist, District Finance and Accounts Associate/Analyst, District IT Associate/Analyst, District Logistics Specialist
Position Level - Middle
Educate Girls – An Overview:
Vision- We aim to achieve behavioural, social and economic transformation for all girls towards an India where all children have equal opportunities to access quality education.
Background- Educate Girls (a project of 'Foundation to Educate Girls Globally’) is a non-profit organization that focuses on mobilizing communities for girls’ education in India’s rural and educationally backward areas. Strongly aligned with ‘Right to Education Act’ or the ‘Samagra Shiksha’ the organization is committed to the Government’s vision to improve access to primary education for children, especially young girls. Educate Girls currently operates successfully in over 20,000+ villages in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. By leveraging the Government’s existing investment in schools and by engaging with a huge base of community volunteers, Educate Girls helps to identify, enrol and retain out-of-school girls and to improve foundational skills in literacy and numeracy for all children (both girls and boys). This helps deliver measurable results to a large number of children and avoids parallel delivery of Services.
We are at www.educategirls.NGO for detailed information on our vision, mission and programs.
The position acts as a critical link between State, District & Block Operations. The incumbent is responsible for planning, strategy and implementation of Educate Girls Program covering the assigned district (comprising of clusters & blocks). The incumbent is the key technical support to the Block & District Program Officers in design & implementation, coordination with multiple stakeholders (viz. community representatives, government officials and partners) and delivering on a roadmap for building capacity to ensure sustainability of the interventions.
The position entails responsibility for a gamut of verticals including Impact, Finance, Human Resources & Adm, IT and Training for the district.
The incumbent must be prepared for frequent travel to the project locations; meetings with govt. functionaries at district and, if required at state level; donor visits & community relationship management.
Position Key Responsibilities:
Support Operations Strategy & Approach
• Designing operations strategy with State Operations Lead and creating an action plan with specific inputs from the district.
• Creating the program dashboard for the district in line with organization expectations and actual situation of the district.
• Co-design actionable implementation plan for the district with clear timeline and budget targets along with the State Operations Lead
.• Conduct research and analysis (both quantitative and qualitative) to develop the team’s understanding of system problems, evidence-based solutions and innovations from the district.
• Support State Operations Lead in adapting program strategy based on on-ground learning from district.
• Support District Program Officer in implementation of programs as per agreed timelines period-wise and track them for progress.
On-ground Implementation and Monitoring
• Ensure Enrolment & Retention targets are completed as per District Targets
• Ensure Learning targets are completed as per District Targets
• Ensure Completion of Door-to-door Survey &Training as per requirement & roles for entire district
• Ensuring all activities for driving community ownership are carried out as planned.
• Interact with key stakeholders (government departments and officials) on a day-to-day basis to ensure delivery on program objectives.
• Ensuring strong working relationships with government officials at district levels, program partners (external partner), non-profit partners, school principals and teachers.
• Review work done by implementation partners, including government officials, to ensure compliance with outcome, budget and timeline targets
• Identify operational bottlenecks and weaknesses, wherever applicable.
• Track program progress on key indicators according to the given framework.
• Report performance on key indicators periodically and on a timely basis.
• People Capability, ensuring a high-performance culture & minimize people risk
o Recruit mission driven competent and skilled talent at speed
o Reduce attrition within a defined percentage that minimizes impact on operations and achieving targets
o Encourage Gender Diversity initiatives across the employee life-cycle
• Effective Utilization of Finance and optimum adherence to compliances at the District level
o Budget utilization efficiently, monitoring & tracking variances
o Adherence to Policy & Procedures (Finance policy, procurement policy, ALM and any other process set from time to time)
o Donor Reporting
o Statutory Audits
o Internal Audits
o Donor Audits / Visits
• Establish linkages and strengthen networking and liaison with government departments and other stakeholders to foster support for effective implementation of the project deliverables
• Ensure set-up of the district office and guesthouse as per organizational standard.
• Ensuring Procurement of goods and services are done as per the procurement policy of the organization and in close collaboration with Procurement Team
• IT Budget Planning for respective office
• Preparing Functional Requirement for IT Strategy
• Providing feedback and input for IT Strategy
• Ensure confidentiality and security of the program data and information
Communication and Documentation
• Documentation and communication of program achievements / outcomes in a timely and as per approved format.
• Ensure submission of periodical reports (programmatic and financial) as per organization requirements and donor specifications
• Preparing and managing documentation related to program implementation e.g., approvals, letters, etc
• Oversee the data collection and analysis in relation to programmatic intervention areas
• Documentation on on-ground learnings and knowledge received from external partner to support EG’s internal capacity / knowledge building.
• Submit reports and participate in state and district level reviews periodically as per project requirement.
• Develop and share all periodic progress reports in a timely manner
• Risk mitigation & conflict management
Desired Incumbent Profile:
Personality: Tech-Savvy, Self-driven, result-oriented with a positive outlook. Must have clear focus on high quality output. Empathic communicator, ability to see things from the other person's point of view. Sufficiently mobile and flexible for frequent travel. Ability to get along with variety of individuals and a team-player.
Work Life Balance: Must be mature and domestically secure. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
Technology skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email. Open for learning and adapting to new technologies being introduced in the organization. Specific job Skills & Values:
• Sound contextual knowledge of local issues, organizational relationships, social and cultural constraints and realities, and environmental conditions, Right to Education, Child Psychology, and Community Motivation
• Ability to multitask and perform under stress situation
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships, collaborate with individuals in a culturally diverse setting and build consensus
• Ability to treat people equally irrespective of gender
• Integrity towards the work and ability to “know & do” what is right
• Striving to lead by performance excellence
• Working effectively and inclusively with a range of people both within and outside of the organization
Adherence to Code of Conduct & EG Policies: All existing & new employees shall ensure that they at all times act in compliance with EG’s laid down Code of Conduct & adhere to all Policies of EG, including but not limited to Workplace Harassment Policy, Sexual Harassment Prevention and Redressal Policy, Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct Policy, Whistleblower Policy, Work from Home Policy, Diversity and Inclusion Policy etc. EG has a zero-tolerance policy for all forms of discrimination.
Preferred Education Background:
• Masters in Social work/Diploma in Social Work
• Fluent in Hindi and local dialect and basic knowledge of English
Preferred Work Experience:
• A minimum experience of 4-5 years as social worker/operational experience.
Strategic Thinking – Think big yet act focused
Taking Ownership – Feel responsible & accountable
Analytical Thinking – Stay true to your data
Developing Talent – Growing and taking people
Ensuring Alignment – Think differently but work