District Program Training Officer
Educate Girls[Robertsganj], Uttar Pradesh, India
job Title - District Program Training Officer
Position Location - District
Type of Agreement - Renewable fixed-term contract
Position Reporting - Operational- District Operations Lead; Functional Reporting - State Program Senior Specialist
Position Reportees - Program Associate, Helpdesk Operator
Position Level - Middle
Educate Girls – An Overview:
Vision- We aim to achieve behavioural, social and economic transformation for all girls towards an India where all children have equal opportunities to access quality education.
Background- Educate Girls (a project of 'Foundation to Educate Girls Globally’) is a non-profit organization that focuses on mobilizing communities for girls’ education in India’s rural and educationally backward areas. Strongly aligned with ‘Right to Education Act’ or the ‘Samagra Shiksha’ the organization is committed to the Government’s vision to improve access to primary education for children, especially young girls. Educate Girls currently operates successfully in over 20,000+ villages in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. By leveraging the Government’s existing investment in schools and by engaging with a huge base of community volunteers, Educate Girls helps to identify, enrol and retain out-of-school girls and to improve foundational skills in literacy and numeracy for all children (both girls and boys). This helps deliver measurable results to a large number of children and avoids parallel delivery of Services.
We are at www.educategirls.NGO for detailed information on our vision, mission and programs.
The District Program Training Officer is responsible to conduct, facilitate and deliver high quality training support the District Operations Lead in the implementation of the capacity building initiatives of the EG program in the district. The role is the converging point from where the program gets operational and implemented. The position while being responsible for the content delivery & implementation of activities is also responsible for the quality management of the program related activities. The position involves intense travel in operational areas especially in State/district/blocks and villages.
Position in the Organogram:
District Operations Lead
District Program Training Officer
Position Key Responsibilities:
Planning and Implementation:
▪ Work with the District Operations Lead in developing the annual plan of the district.
▪ Track and implement the digital trainings at district
▪ Create and review the digital trainings.
▪ Monitor program implementation progress and give input where necessary based on quality improvement
▪ Take lead in planning, managing & facilitating the training events.
Training, Advocacy and Capacity Building:
▪ Lead the program team at district level and work on their capacity building
▪ Developing the Master Trainer’s group at district level for quality training implementation
▪ Work on the capacity building of MTs
▪ Use blended learning approach for capacity building including e-learning modules, be involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages -Ensure the district program related training offline/online and documentation
▪ Gap identification of activities and ensure to close the gap
▪ Manage the training quality by ensuring certification
▪ Conduct field level visits to monitor program quality
▪ Ensure that monthly progress report, quarterly progress report is prepared and shared in a timely manner with both reporting managers
▪ Problem Solving and providing support wherever required
▪ Ensure the implementation of the training feedback system for further improvement of content and training mechanism
▪ Conduct Training Visit according the training plan and provide qualitative input
▪ Lead the development of KPIs for Program assistants along with District Manager and review their performance periodically
▪ Conduct meeting of the program associates periodically to review their performance and address gaps if any
▪ Coordinate with Program Training Associate for smooth implementation of the trainings.
▪ Support program staff in the design, delivery and evaluation of training, capacity building and advocacy support activities. ▪ Evaluate and follow up on training, capacity building and advocacy support activities with a view to reinforcing capacities, assessing impact, and building partnerships and networks.
Information and Resources Management:
▪ Work in collaboration with other departments.
▪ Support on district level liaison - with Operation/Impact/program/VM /IT/TB/Distt. level govt officials/other stakeholders
▪ Work on the volunteer management activity with the help of VM team
▪ Ensure Training and quality related records and data management.
Desired Incumbent Profile:
Personality: Self-driven, result-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality output. Excellent conceptual and analytical skills. Demonstrable ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically to ensure achievement of desired change objectives. Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail. Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders Empathic communicator, ability to see things from the other person's point of view. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to manage 15-20 days per month of travel time at the state/district/blocks and village level as required.. Ability to get along with variety of individuals and a team-player.
Work Life Balance: Must be mature and domestically secure. Able to manage travel without upsetting domestic situation. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
Technology skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email. Open for learning and adapting to new technologies being introduced in the organization.
Specific skills include:
• Digital training (Create/review the training)
• Expert Knowledge in MS Office
• Basic understanding of Word / Excel
• Use of data in program planning
• Data driven insights identification
• Web and Application based digital training skill
Specific job Skills & Values:
• Sound contextual knowledge of local issues, organizational relationships, social and cultural constraints and realities, and environmental conditions, Right to Education, Child Psychology, and Community Motivation
• Ability to facilitate Training programs and manage Trainings.
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships, collaborate with individuals in a culturally diverse setting and build consensus.
• Ability to multitask and perform under stress situation
• Ability to treat people equally irrespective of gender
• Integrity towards the work and ability to “know & do” what is right
• Working effectively and inclusively with a range of people both within and outside of the organization
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences at local, state and national levels.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
• Commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
• Proven capacity to supervise, train, coach and mentor staff
• Excellent communication skills - oral & written with the ability to deliver trainings and presentations.
Adherence to Code of Conduct & EG Policies:
All existing & new employees shall ensure that they at all times act in compliance with EG’s laid down Code of Conduct & adhere to all Policies of EG, including but not limited to Workplace Harassment Policy, Sexual Harassment Prevention and Redressal Policy, Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct Policy, Whistleblower Policy, Work from Home Policy, Diversity and Inclusion Policy etc. EG has a zero-tolerance policy for all forms of discrimination.
Preferred Education Background:
• Masters in Social work/Diploma in Social Work
• Fluent in Hindi and local dialect and basic knowledge of English
Preferred Work Experience:
• 3-5 years of experience in training facilitation and implementation in Education Field
Strategic Thinking – Think big yet act focused
Taking Ownership – Feel responsible & accountable
Analytical Thinking – Stay true to your data
Developing Talent – Growing and taking people together
Ensuring Alignment – Think differently but work together