EU Domestic Funding Manager
Save the Children , Belgium
- Save the Children Europe is currently recruiting for a EU Domestic Funding Manager in our office in Brussels, Belgium. Know and understand the state of play, trends, dynamics and functioning of EU domestic funding landscape as well as the overall environment in Brussels (peers/ competitors)
- Strengthen, develop, and optimise both existing and new funding opportunities, maximising funding for domestic programmes and influencing, with the EU DG JUST, DG EAC, DG HOME and DG EMPL.
- Provide vision and strategic direction to the organization, influencing a complex EU network of internal and external stakeholders to optimise our engagement on EU funds for domestic programmes.
Contribute to the development of the wider strategic agenda, lead on cross SC member specific initiatives by engaging wide spectrum of stakeholders, as required
- Education to Master’s level, with a qualification in economics, politics, law, or a related field is desirable. Education to Bachelor’s degree level is essential. 5 to 7 years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English are essential. A good working level of French will be a strong advantage.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Extensive experience within and knowledge of the EU domestic funding opportunities and trends; experience in child poverty and migration would be an asset;
- Extensive professional experience within similar roles for comparable organisations would be considered an extremely strong advantage;
- A strong record of accomplishment in strategic account management;
- A proven record of accomplishment in partnership building, brokering relationships with partners, and engagement with targets;
- Experience of influencing and delivering results cross organisationally within a large complex organisation;
- In depth experience and knowledge of current thinking and future trends and thorough understanding of contemporary development and child rights issues;
- Strong and demonstrated team leadership skills.
- Leadership skills, with an external orientation, situational agility, strategic vision, and commitment to delivering results;
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to network with, and influence, senior people both internally and externally to achieve a pre-defined outcome;
- Insightful and analytic, with the ability to communicate and thinking clearly to both internal and external audiences;
- Entrepreneurial, with the ability to identify opportunities and execute them strongly, using novel approaches or techniques as appropriate;
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission, values and approach (includes child focus and equal opportunities);
- Strategic planning skills, in relation to positioning with donors, and in prioritising engagement focus;
- Self-driven, with the ability to take a pro-active approach, work on own initiative, solve problems and think creatively in fluid or less structured environments;
- A proven team player - someone who is open, ambitious, and who is able and willing to deliver beyond his or her personal brief.
We offer a competitive salary and package with an opportunity to have flexible working hours.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding Career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.